New Member
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


NJLyn last won the day on April 25

NJLyn had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

About NJLyn

  • Rank

Previous Fields

  • Surrogacy Status

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
  1. 26 Weeks!

    Thanks everyone! beachalice, I have the same questions for her that you mentioned..now that baby is viable (sigh of relief) pre-term labor can happen and I just want to be sure we are all prepared. With my own children I had a fully stocked pantry and nursery ready to roll by this point, LOL. Just my overly prepared personality I guess haha. I know everyone is different. The agency has been great and they are moving ahead with IP, the attorney and the birth orders. They don't really need much from me based on my state of residency. I'm going to make some suggestions that Traci mentioned, recording her voice etc. I did pick up a doppler with her permission and have been sending her videos of the heartbeat and showing her the kicks. I think it's been hard since she planned to be at more appts but couldn't due to her work schedule and this crazy weather/airport issues. I'm sure everything will work out fine, my emotions are stable thankfully, even during this hormone crazed pregnancy, I feel very grounded and sure of my part. Just keep focusing on the positive!
  2. 26 Weeks!

    HI ladies, I've been mia for a while, almost 26 weeks now. Pregnancy is going so smooth, I just can't belive it. Very thankful for that! Gender reveal was not 100%, leaning toward girl, may know for sure at the last US. I'm in awe and so happy to be pregnant lol..for the final time. I'd love to help one more family, but with my change in career, I can't I'm thankful to be apart of at least one journey. I have a question I hope some of you might have experience with. Have any of your IP's been so superstitious during the pregnancy? Mine is worried to the point my IM won't buy anything for baby and doesn't want to speak about the birth yet. I know it's somewhat soon, but I have started to worry a bit. The agency wants to start the birth order process. I'm sure after all the failed IVF she's been through and using surrogates before me, she is very emotional. I can only imagine..she's voiced worry over bonding with baby despite not carrying the pregnancy herself. I'm trying to offer as much reassurance as I can. We've been a good team and hope the next several weeks are good, and baby continues to thrive and grow without issue.
  3. Thanks beachalice and traci72...when I go next week, I will mention "checking the ED box" just to be sure.
  4. Hello just wanted to circle back and give an update. Maybe this will help another IM or surrogate. Our results from the Panorama test were completely inconclusive with a disclaimer stating their test and lab does not offer testing for Gestational Surrogates or donor eggs. They said it detected a DNA mismatch. I wish our high risk OB would've known this, it would have saved my IM hundreds of dollars. The OB now recommends the "Harmony" test, which I've read online is also not applicable to a GS or Donor Eggs. The office did not do the first trimester blood work either, HCG and PAPP-A, which I thought was part of the blood work the day of the Nuchal Scan, but evidently not. I am scheduled for the Harmony test next week when I'll be 14 weeks. This part is tough. IM and I both fear amnio, so hopefully we won't have to consider that route. I guess we'll see what happens. I understand these are just screening tests, but I don't want to undergo more unnecessary blood work or have my IM have to pay for these if they aren't giving us any data to go on. I am confident that everything is ok, but I know my IM is very scared. Did I mention how awesome it is to be pregnant again! LOL. I'm loving it, so happy I can help someone like this, I get so emotional every time I think of what I'm doing for her...it's just awesome :D
  5. Everything went fine. It was a bit nerve wracking since the hospital is under construction so my test was right in the Labor and Delivery unit, a bit of commotion and a lot of families. The NT measured 1.3 which is good. FHR was 165. They call it the "Ultrascreen" because they also drew blood for the cell free fetal DNA test and the high risk OB/geneticist will write up a report and give us an "estimate" they also look at the nasal bones, anatomy as best they can, arms, legs, etc. And they did a 3D at the end. Should have those results in 10 days. It was so cute to see the little peanut jumping all around..I've never had a US at 12 weeks with my own pregnancies before, so that was special. The neat thing about the cell free DNA test is we will know the gender. The hospital here is not used to surrogates, every one was amazed and had tons of questions.
  6. Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. I am scheduled for an "Ultrascreen" this Wednesday at the high risk OB due to my AMA (age 36), I will be exactly 12 weeks. IM was 37 when eggs were frozen, so doc wants to be sure if any genetic anomalies. Between the RE and OB, I've had 4 ultrasounds so far, nice strong heartbeat each time. Now this screening is looming and IP's and I are nervous! Anyone else have this screening? I am still in shock we made it this far, thankful for each day and looking forward to eating a full meal again and not having morning sickness!
  7. @GC3, I am wondering the same! Do you have any updates? I apologize if you posted, I didn’t see anything. I go for second US tomorrow to confirm heartbeat & will be considered 6w2d pregnant. If Heartbeat is detected and all looks good tomorrow, the RE clinic will release me tomorrow and stop my meds at 8 weeks gestation which is May 20th. Eeeeeek! A little nervous I was expecting it to be 10 weeks as we discussed and I've heard others talk about.
  8. Second FET

    Our second Beta from Friday was 460, 11DP5DT, ultrasound scheduled for this Friday to see if there is a sac and to confirm pregnancy! Woohoo, I'm thankful we got this far but still analyzing everything :D I was worried about my Progesterone level being only 8.9, but I'm using Crinone and it doesn't give accurate blook levels. Our last failed transfer it was initially 12 then rose to 15. If all goes well, I have to go back one week later to check for heartbeat
  9. itsonlyk

    That is so exciting!!
  10. Second FET

    My mistake, I am 9 days past transfer not 8
  11. Second FET

    First Beta, 8DP5DT is 189!!!!! Second Beta is Friday
  12. Second FET

    Well, I splurged on the Clearblue Digital this morning, which is 7DP5DT. To my dismay, both tests in the box were duds! The window never changed, it stayed blank. I ran back to Walgreens and bought the cheapest test there, $7. It is BFP! For now at least. Line isn't a squinter but it's there and showed up immediately. We only transferred one embie so I'm not expecting multiples. Keyword: expecting. Beta is Wednesday at 8am....one day, nineteen hours and 26 minutes, but who's counting? Now trying to decide how to get my $15 back from the Clearblue LOL. I may send an email and let them know. Maybe the whole lot was bad, it didn't expire until 2019. This time around, I am really crampy, sore BB's and nauseated. I don't know if that's from the meds or what. We shall see Wednesday! Hoping for a miracle here with my very last transfer!
  13. Transfer #2!!! May

    Warm thoughts for you earthmamma22! Sounds like you are doing everything possible to prepare. I can certainly relate, I just completed my second and final transfer for my lovely IP's. The embies we transferred were not genetically screened. Make sure to rest and take good care of yourself. I've tried meditation and spending as much time outdoors as possible. We also did acupuncture this time around, before and after the transfer. I'm still going twice a week until beta results, and may make it a regular thing, it has done wonders for me!
  14. Second FET

    Our transfer on Monday was a success! Just waiting for Beta on the 19th. Has anyone else been tempted to run to a 24 hour pharmacy and buy a HPT, at 3 in the morning on 3DP6DT? LOL, or am I the only looney toon around here! I am going to refrain from POAS this time around :D
  15. Second FET

    Hey everyone Any other April transfers coming up? This will be our second FET, so far all lining checks are good with final ultrasound this Wednesday. Transfer is April 10th. The RE isn't exactly sure why the last FET resulted in a chemical pg. I am doing acupuncture this time and it is wonderful! I was wondering how other surrogates have handled multiple transfer attempts? My chemical pregnancy in February resulted in a very heavy miscarriage that went almost two weeks. I suppose due to my lining from the meds, but that was a bit scary, I really hope this second FET Doesn't result in the same. I wasn't prepared for that. I am using estrogen patch this time and I am A LOT more bloated and still very fatigued from the Lupron. I've had hives here and there, not sure if from the patch or something seasonal, I don't have any allergies normally. My contract allows for four attempts or one year, whichever comes first. I'm not sure my body can handle four, or if the RE will advise against it. Trying to stay optimistic but realistic My IP's may decide to use another surrogate or donated embryos. Their embryos have not been PGD/PGS, so perhaps they will consider that step. Donated embryos would require a new contract and more fees for them of course, and more waiting. And PGD is not a guarantee either.