Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mindles@sbcglobal.net

How to tell co-workers

Hi,

I am using a GS and am wondering how to tell my co-workers,students and parents of my students...I really don't how to break the news to them since it is an uncommon situation. Since I will be missing part of the school year it is important that I tell them sooner than later... I am just dreading all the personal questions which will arise as to why I can't carry a baby myself.

Just wondering how you told people. Thanks

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
Kathleen55    3

Personally, for me it wasn't an issue since most friends and family knew I had cancer followed by a hysterectomy. It's definitely up to you how much you reveal about why you need to use a GS. Whether its a fertility issue, medical reason, whatever, you don't need to discuss all your personal info with the world. But, be prepared as there will be plenty of people that won't think twice about asking the most intimate questions! Just be prepared.

Other than that, you will find people to be wonderfully supportive and amazed at such a beautiful thing you and your surrogate are doing to create a family. Good luck with your journey!!!