Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alicia~in~MI

Do you have 100% Maternity Coverage?

Do you have 100% coverage>   57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have 100% Insurance Coverage for Maternity?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but with stipulations

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

I was wondering if it was typical for insurance to coverage ALL of prenatal and delivery costs.

I have 100% coverage and wondered who else does too. If it was that common.

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

I do with a $0 deductible even for the hospital!! How much does that suck that I don't get to use it!!

We have a $200 co-pay for the entire pregnancy, L&D, and hospitall stay for baby and myself. I would say that is as close to 100% as it can get!

I used to! My insurance changed in January 2007 right before I gave birth to Ronan :rolleyes: Now it's a $200 copay and then 80/20 with an annual out of pocket maximum of $1200 for our family.

I have 100% coverage with NO deductibles

100% coverage with only a $15 copay at appts, $100 hospital admission fee. (But I have to stay in-network, or they don't cover crap.)

No maternity coverage except complications of pregnancy. :cry:

I have an individual self-purchased health insurance policy since my work doesn't offer a group plan. (I work for a small non-profit organization with 2 employees.)

I am actually eligible for a health insurance plan with complete 100% coverage for everything, however, I can't use it while being a surrogate and I can't have it even for general medical coverage if I have other insurance coverage (which I do so I can do another surrogacy).

nope...even my best coverage was still a $40 copay for the initial appt and then $500 at delivery....now i have a $45 copay at initial appt, $45 for each peri appt (i think we had 3 for nuchal and level 2's), and $500 a day up to $2000 max at delivery (for inpatient)...

I am covered at 100% after $15 first ob visit copay IF I deliver at the hospital I work at. Since I flew out of state for my surro delivery, it was covered at 90% after a $400 deductible, because the hospital was still considered in-network. If it would have been an out of network hospital, then no, no coverage.

This time I plan to deliver here at the hospital I work at, so everything will be covered.

I have a $20 copay for the first initial OB appt and then a $200 deductible for the hospital. $220 to have a baby isn't bad IMHO. :)

I have 100% coverage with NO deductibles

I have a choice depending upon which care provider I choose and where I live (if I have a choice).

I can be covered 100% with no deductibles or

I can be covered 80/20 with a $150 deductible ($3000 cap yearly for family)

The place I live now I have to use the 80/20 insurance. Still, it is pretty good insurance.

When I was on a 100% hmo plan...then 100% of everything was covered, maternity etc.

I'm now on a PPO with a deductible and after the ded it pays at 80/20 until max out of pocket at $1600. Then it pays the rest at 100%. And with my delivery of Carter last year, I easily hit my max.

ETA...I think nowadays it is less likely that ppl have 100% coverage cuz of the costs. My 100% plan was over $900/mo for a family. My new(er) plan is a much more affordable $240/mo for the family.

From blood test to 6w pp visit I've never paid a dime. The ONLY thing I ever paid was the phone/TV charge from the hospital! ;)