Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QueenDawn

Would you Allow this?

Would you allow your 19 year old son to sleep with his 17 year old girl friend in his bed with the door shut every weekend in YOUR house even when there is another young impressionable boy living in the house??  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Would you allow your 19 year old son to sleep with his 17 year old girl friend in his bed with the door shut every weekend in YOUR house even when there is another young impressionable boy living in the house??

• YES absolutely!
    • No, No way!
    • Maybe
    • No girlfriend/boyfriend sleep over's in my house ever!
    • Yes, if there wasnt another impressionable child in the house.
    • Depends on if other parents are allowing there kids to do it.

QueenDawn    0

Well...... they are not together anymore.... in fact he is living back with my parents going to college about to turn 21. The girl is now living with a new guy and she is 19 years old. LOL How things change, huh?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
Daffodil    0
My DH said he would allow our DS to have his gf stay over but DD could never have boys even in her room!!!

It burns me up that he still believes in a complete double standard!!

When I asked him why DS could do it but DD couldn't (even though I wouldn't allow it for EITHER!!)?

He said "Because Christopher is a boy." point blank, end of discussion. WHAT A P.I.T.A!!!!

You know I just saw this and it makes me see how archaichal beings we are! The male chief of the heard protects (and is protective of) his females and youngs. Once the male youngs become in age of competing they don't get protected anymore. Period. That is how it is and that is why the double standard. Pretty striking!

AJade    1

http://ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

Going by that chart, it looks like that in most places - the majority of states in the US have 16 or 17 as the age of consent. A minority number have 14 & 18 listed. So, I don't think, that him being 19 and her being 17 will be classed as statutory rape. If it's legal, I don't see why not to allow it, as long as you're okay with it. I wouldn't go against your personal belief just to make him happy, after all you are the parent. Impressionable or not, your young son will learn about the birds and the bees eventually, and if you sat down and explained it to him, he would probably understand. kids aren't stupid. it is your house though, and your rules :) good luck.

Guest OhioSurroMom   
Guest OhioSurroMom

NOPE! It all has to do with how I was raised!

When my sister & finace come into town (from Solana Beach, CA) she sleeps in one room and he in another ~ because they aren't married yet ~ and my sister is 30 years old and her fiance is 36. My parents also don't have any other children in the house.

Hugs ~

AJade    1

my parents did allow it. with my first boyfriend (we were together a year and a half) I was 15, and he was 25. it was mainly on Christmas eve or when he needed a place to stay. most of the time, he was on a mattress in the lounge. However, I still had my bungalow (small room) out in the backyard at ground level, in which we got lots of privacy in even when he didn't stay the night. there were also other youngsters in the house, as my siblings would have been 10, 8, 6 and 2 at the time. We behaved, and were discreet around everyone including the youngsters. My parents didn't like it, but better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Guest Starfish   
Guest Starfish

I was just thinking about the "impressionable boy" phrase. I think I would actually be more worried of teaching my kids that closeness og bodies is wrong just because ones too young to have babies or whatever the reason would be. I would be more worried of relaying a feeling of guilt in such a scenario, rather than that it's perfectly normal to want to cuddle your boy/girlfriend.

Guest jeannine   
Guest jeannine
:wacko: EEWWW, NO WAY, I am like my dad, no marriage no sleepy....lol Well, that was his rule i mean, I'm sure he had sex out of wedlock. Anyway, not a chance.

Guest lkregula   
Guest lkregula

If I knew she was on birth control, and he was using condom, and her parents were OK with it, and they both knew the dangers of unprotected sex, and they both knew the dangers of making me a grandma before I retire, and I was having a good day- I might consider the argument favorably

Guest mama-beans   
Guest mama-beans

No. She is 17 and is under the legal age of consent. Allowing that in my home would actually be illegal.

( I know this because when I was a wee lass of 16, my mother *almost* pressed statutory rape charges on my now husband who was 18 at the time.. and she could have because I was underage. Thank God she got over herself. )

But then again, I'd never let my 17 year old daughter spend the night at a boys house, no matter how long they've been dating.

If she was of a legal age, I still would be uncomfortable with it. If he wants to have all the sex he can handle, great. Go get an apartment and do so. Or take a drive. But it's kind of creepy to think of my son having sex, let alone in the room I once changed his diapers in!

QueenDawn    0

Its funny how this thread has continued for so long. The girl I was talking about originally is no longer the girlfriend of my brother. Because my mom would not allow them to sleep in the same bed they moved in together for a year then broke up. My brother moved back in with my parents and is now 22, works full time and goes to college for Criminal Justice. The girl is now with some guy and just had a baby last week by this new guy. My brother is all about having a nice future, not one being a dad right now. He wants to be successful and finish school before moving in that parent direction. I'm glad they broke up.!!!

Guest lkregula   
Guest lkregula

Glad to hear that it sounds like things worked out well-ish. Ahh, cyber space, where nothing ever dies!

I want to be a cyber-person! No, that would get old, I suppose (even though I wouldn't :-)

MeganS    0

Oh gee - I am in the minority.

I remember what I was up to at that age (17 for the girl) ... if they're going to do it, they're going to do it. Best they do it under my roof - provided there are no littlies around.

(Am I a slurry?)

Guest Anja   
Guest Anja

While I love everyones responses. This post was made just shy of 3 years ago. I am going to close it!