Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hedr

Are you a GS?

78 posts in this topic

We did this a couple years ago and since we've gotten so many new members, I figured we could all introduce ourselves again. :bliss:

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

Hi there!!

I was a GSx2 and carried siblings (12/04 & 1/06). My family is very close with my couple and part of our extended family.

We are currently TTC one of our own, but I would like to carry again in the future - if the right couple/individual comes along!!

I'm a GSx1 so far and working w/new IP's. Just went through a failed FET and will be doing a fresh transfer in the New Year. My IP's have been going through this for 6yrs or so, so I'm praying this is it for them!!

I have 4 kids of my own and quite happy w/my family. Just enjoying being able to help create a family for someone else now. I'm very open, so if anyone has any questions about me, feel free to ask.

I'll go :

Hi I am Heather. Married to my husband for almost nine years, we have three children; Bryce, Hailey, and Addisyn.

I am a two time gestational surrogate. The first was in 2002 when I was just 21 years old. The pregnancy started out as twins until 12 weeks when we found out that one of the babies had passed away. I went on to deliver, via VBAC, a beautiful little girl for my Ip's. We had minimal contact until this year when she turned five and I got a CD full of pictures. We now have contact again and I couldn't be happier.

My second surrogacy was like a dream, my Intended parents Natalie & Jon were amazing. While the beginning was hard because of our canceled transfer due to their embryos arresting. The end result was worth it. At 39 weeks I had a planned c-section where the doctors ended up nicking my bladder and I had to undergo bladder repair surgery after my c-section. Their son was born 9 lbs 9 oz. I still have weekly contact with them, and I am planning on going to visit them for Ari's first birthday.

I am a FIRST time GS for a wonderful couple who luckily live in the same city as I do. I look forward to doing this until I am told I HAVE to quit. I love pregnancy and the thought of creating life, with that said I AM SO DONE WITH BABIES. I love to hold them and cuddle them and be able to give them to their mommy and daddy to go home.

My name is Pam,

I am a first time GS been doing this for almost a year with the same IPs We just finished contracts so bring on the meds and the embyro's :D

I have wanted to do this for alot of years but needed to be done my kids (I have 3). I love pregnancy and the thought of being able to bring the happiness I get everyday. If this goes good I plan on giving one other couple this gift atleast, I have a very supportive husband who i have been married to for almost 7 years.

Thanks for listening,

Pam

My name is Chasity and I have been married to my hubby for almost 11 years! Together we have two beautiful little girls that are our lives!

I have been a GS 2 times and have delivered a single baby boy and twin boys. I am still in occasional touch with my surro twins but haven't heard from my single surro baby boy's parents in about 9 months! I miss them!

I just completed a transfer for a third journey today for a new couple that I love and adore!!!

Hi, my name is Sarah. I just recently completed my first surrogacy, giving birth via c-section to beautiful twin girls on 11/28/08. I intend to do another journey later this year.

My husband and I have been married for almost 5 years and I am absolutely in love :wub: . DH is working full time and also going to school full time. We have two beautiful sons together, they are 4 and 2. We are done having our own children :) I am a SAHM and we also do foster care.

Amy here. ;) I have been married to my highschool sweetheart for 13 years and we have one little man who is the light of our lives and absolutely the best kiddo in the world! My DS is in sixth grade and aspires to be a comedian some day. My DH is in the military and we are looking forward to getting out in just over a year so he can go to flight school and follow his dream to be a pilot. I am mostly SAHM looking for a job (not an easy feat lately...). To round out our little clan we have two little furbabies, one spoiled kitty that we adopted in Korea and one rotten little mini doxie girl who chases him around.

I have completed two GS journeys, B/G twins in '05 and a beautiful little girl in '07. I am currently searching for new IPs to walk the path of journey #3 with.

My name is Leann. I am a SAHM, full time student (Medical Assistant graduating very soon... yahhh!!!) Mother of 3 Jayce 9, Brody 5 and Carter 3. Married to my sweetie Matt who is a K-9 police officer, who works his bootie off for his family!! Love his heart!!

I am a 2nd time GS. Delivered twin girls, just hair bit of a year ago (via c-section). Currently on my 2nd journey with one little bean, 14 wks. (praying for a VBAC)

Hello everyone,

My name is Monia, my hubby of 17 yrs is Ken, we have three children, 16 yrs, 14 yrs and 2yrs old. I work for the federal government and the hubby has his own business. This is my first surrogacy and I am currently 27 weeks preggo with one little bean. My international IPs had tried for about 8 years on their own, then had a previous surro and it did not work out after 4 tries. This journey has been absolutely wonderful and it has been a pleasure to be part of this forum.

Hi!

I'm Mandy from Vermont. I am a mom of two, and an elementary school nurse. I came to these boards in search of information on surrogacy after I offered to carry a baby for one of my best friends who was born without a uterus. Unfortunately, we had a chemical pregnancy on our first try, and a negative beta on our second.

My friend decided that her heart was too broken to try again :cry: . (She and her husband are currently patiently playing the waiting game... hoping to hear soon from their adoption agency that there is a baby out there for them :wub: )...

I was too devoted to the idea of surrogacy at that point to stop trying, so I found an amazing couple who had come to AAS in search of a GS. LONG AMAZING story short, we were very fortunate to have matched so beautifully, and to have had a successful first transfer (thank you Dr. Pang!!!). I gave birth to their adorable little twins in May.

I do not foresee myself becoming a surrogate again, but I love to come here and provide love and support for others going through similar journeys.

:wub:

My name is Tiffiny and I have been married to my love for 5 1/2 yrs. and we have 4 great girls 10,4, 2&2 andI am a PSAHM. I am a first time GS. My FIM is currently 5w pregnant and I will be looking for more IP's the end of this month. I love all of the support and adivice I get on this board!!

Hello everyone!

I'm a 31 year old (today's my bday) WAHM to 4 girls; Abrienne (14), Chloe (8), Lauren (4) and Isabelle (20 months). My husband Jason and I have been married for 9 years as of this coming Thursday. I run a licensed daycare out of my home and organize a very active moms group so I stay very very busy.

This is my first surro journey, I've been working with a great couple from the Chicago area (2 hours away) for the past year. After hitting some speed bumps we just transfered for the first time in November, unfortunatly it was unsuccesful but we will be cycling again just after the new year. Praying for a miracle in 2009!!!

I started my family very young and having children has been a huge part of my life for over a decade. Our family is 100% complete but I was a bit saddened to see those years come to an end at only 30 years old when so many friends/family are just starting their families. Being a GS is something I'd always thought of but didn't realize until just a year ago that their are many women who do this for "strangers" and not just close friends and family. I was so excited to begin my journey and help a deserving couple complete their family. I'm so honored to have this opportunity.

Hey there! I'm Rachel, mother to my two beautiful girls: Kayli, age 9 and Alexis, age 6. I am a single parent.

I am a 3 time gestational surrogate.

My first journey was with a wonderful couple that live in the same town as I do. I gave birth to their daughter Maggie in May 2005. We still stay in contact on a regular basis and we make plans to get together every year around Maggie's birthday. She is now 3 1/2 years old.

My second journey had some ups and downs, but our relationship is wonderful now. I gave birth to their daughter Paige in November 2007. Since Paige's birth, I've seen her once - when she was 8 months old. Since my FIPs live in New York and I live in Wisconsin, it's not the easiest to plan visits, but we will continue to try when we can. I get lots of pictures though!

My third journey sadly ended at 19 weeks gestation. I am no longer working with those IPs.

I plan to do another journey eventually some time in the future. I'm just not sure when yet though.