Sign in to follow this  
jengar1978

Is it just me?

jengar1978    0

I have some questions. I just did my first surrogacy and delivered two beautiful little girls in Sept. '08. I am still pumping breast milk for them. So, with that said I am still having no period which is probably normal but I have lost all my sex drive. I went to the Dr. to get my hormones tested and she told my that my levels looked like someone who was about to start menopause. I am only 30 years old. I can only assume that my levels are out of wack because of taking the hormones for the surrogacy or maybe because I am still pumping. Have you heard of anyone else with this problem? If so does it go away by itself? I really wanted to do another surrogacy for the same couple but now I am not sure if I would be able to. I am going to see an endocrinologist soon I just wanted to see if you had heard of this. Any info will be helpful.

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

I guess my first question would be, what did the doctor say about it all? I don't think it's unusual for hormones to be out of whack and to have a low sex drive while breastfeeding/pumping. Your body is focusing it's energy on making milk right now.

I have definately heard of it before and I have also heard (and have had the personal experience) that once you stop breastfeeding/pumping, your hormones slowly return to normal levels and your sex drive returns.

I'm glad you are following up with an endocrinologist but if they don't find anything, I would suggest getting retested a couple of months after you're done pumping and see what the results look like. You may very well find that once you're done pumping things will return to normal.

Good luck!