Sign in to follow this  
prluver

A Question

prluver    0

I need to see. I am involved with a woman who decided to be a surragate mother for her sister. We had intercourse numerous times before she went in for the procedure to be done. We did wear condoms but one broke and it was not noticed until we had finished and i had ejaculated inside of her. After this, the procedure was completed on June 12. When she went in for a sonogram on July 10 the doctor informed her that she was 6 weeks 4 days, and 6 weks 3 days pregnant. So she is pregnant with twins. Now, the issue is that there is a discrepency in the fact that she should have been only 4 weeks pregnant and not almost 7 weeks as she was. Now, my question is: While getting ready for the procedure to be done, can the surragate mother get pregnant the natural way? I ask because i have read that there are injection/medications that are given during the prep period that cause the ovaries to become dormant. I dont know if this means that the woman will no longer ovulate or if it just slows down the process.

Can anyone shed some information on this topic please. I would need to know if there is a possiblity that the these children could be mine or not.

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

First of all, shame on you both for having sex that close to trying to help another couple conceive a child. Were you not told and contractually obligated to abstain prior to and shortly after the transfer? Almost EVERY contract has a provision for no sex during the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after transfer specifically because of this situation. If you had sex within two weeks of that transfer than she is probably in breach of contract and that in and of itself can hold HUGE consequences.

As far as how far along she is, her dates seem correct to me. On the date of the transfer, the surrogate is considered 2 weeks pregnant already, so having a sonogram 4 weeks after the procedure and having her dates be at 6w3d is accurate and right on target.

She should have been supressed so she would not ovulate on her own with an injectible medication called Lupron. If she was on that, chances are these children are not yours, but stranger things have happened. It usually prevents the woman's own ovulation, but if the dose was not strong enough she very well could have ovulated through the lupron.

If I were you, I would suggest a paternity test, both for your peace of mind and for the Intended Parent's peace of mind. If these children are biologically that of the surrogate and yourself, then the surrogate should be obligated to pay back every dime of compensation and money that the IP's have spent on the entire process from day one.

Shame, shame!!! :angry3: