Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
katiebuggrace

Placenta fragments

14 posts in this topic

So I am now 6 weeks post partum and having issues. I have been cramping a lot and having nasty discharge. Went to doctor yesterday because of these issues and it wasn't a pleasent experience. He dialated my cervix and goop came out and said I have late endometritis. Then had me get an ultrasound and we saw a "mass" in there. It measured 3cm and I assume it is placenta (which would prob give reason as to why I struggle big time with milk supply). Anyways he started me on strong antibiotics and then said I need a D&C. I asked if there is a pill or something and he said well actually yes. Something they normally give for late miscarriages. He said it dialates the cervix and causes the uterus to contract. I am going to take those pills Monday (working 3rd shift tonight and don't want to ruin Fathers Day tomo) plus he wanted me to have the antibioticcs on board for a few days first. Anyone ever have experince with this stuff?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

No personal experience, but man am I sorry you're dealing w/that. Praying it all works Monday and that your body can get back to normal.

Are you talking about cytotec/misoprostol? I was given it once to help with a missed miscarriage. It worked for me but it took longer than expected. I was told to insert it vaginally but I've also heard of taking it orally. Hugs!

No experience either, but I wanted to say good luck and I'm sorry you're having complications still. I hope it goes well and you're back to normal in no time!

Yes, misoprostol. What was it like? Is it going to hurt? Oh and mine are orally... place 1 tablet under tounge every 3 hours, I have 3 doses

I don't know anything about that but good luck. I hope it works for you!

I know of that drug. It's often used for miscarriage and even for inducing labor. I have heard some scary stuff about it when used to induce labor.

I know that it is much safer when used for miscarriage.

I don't think I'd wait though, especially if you are wanting to breastfeed or establish a milk supply. And with a possible uterine infection looming. :(

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this.

Yes, misoprostol. What was it like? Is it going to hurt? Oh and mine are orally... place 1 tablet under tounge every 3 hours, I have 3 doses

For me it wasn't too bad. I had some cramping of course but nothing I couldn't handle. My OB (at the time) said she was going to call in a prescription for pain meds just in case I needed them but my pharmacy never rec'd the order and I didn't need them anyway. I took the medication very similarly, just vaginally instead of orally.

I know of that drug. It's often used for miscarriage and even for inducing labor. I have heard some scary stuff about it when used to induce labor.

I know that it is much safer when used for miscarriage.

I don't think I'd wait though, especially if you are wanting to breastfeed or establish a milk supply. And with a possible uterine infection looming. :(

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this.

I also agree with this. No personal experience, but I know of someone that had retained placenta and the D&C really cleaned out the uterus of everything.

I'm not familiar with that medication (sorry). I do have experience with the remaining placenta issue. Required two D&C's. Ugh. One immediately after delivery and one 5-6 weeks postpartum.

They weren't really that bad, but, still.

I can only wish you a get well soon....hope things get better girly :)

Well pills didn't work... Just caused me to be real sick. D&C Wednesday. Thanks for all your support.

Cytotec is an Ulcer Medication that is not FDA approved for use with anything other then treating ulcers.

I knew that. He said they use it sometimes for late miscarriages and things of that nature.

Well pills didn't work... Just caused me to be real sick. D&C Wednesday. Thanks for all your support.

I'm sorry :( I hope the d&c goes smoothly.