Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Newbie23

Insurance with high BMI

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am just getting start with the process of becoming a GS. We found out the my insurance has clear exceptions to surrogacy so we have to get another policy. The agency is worried about my BMI that I might not get coverage with BCBS (in Maryland). My BMI is 31.8 (high I know - I would love to lose more weight before the actual transfer but we have to get the insurance taken care of first) Has anyone had similar issues (with BCBS or anything other policy) or no issues? Thanks so much, I am so nervous.

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

i'm in maryland...what agency are you w/? my IPs bought me carefirst BCBS. i had no issues getting the insurance but my BMI at the time was 22 i believe. msg me if you want to talk more :)

I am working with creative family connections. So far they have been great- but I am just so worried about the insurance in general (getting approved, making sure they cover everything, etc). I have no idea how to msg you - but I would love to talk more! I tried to click on your profile but it said I was denied.

I am working with creative family connections. So far they have been great- but I am just so worried about the insurance in general (getting approved, making sure they cover everything, etc). I have no idea how to msg you - but I would love to talk more! I tried to click on your profile but it said I was denied.

Email me wbwatts @ gmail.com - that was my former agency.