Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prenatalnanny

Future POAS Addict

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have been reading the forums for a while now but haven't posted much. I have been cycling for what feels like forever. Luckily it appears we are finally going to make it to a transfer. In February I started my first cycle but our egg donor ended up having a "dominate follicle" so the retrieval was cancelled at the last minute. We had to wait for almost 60 days before we could start again.

I had an ultrasound today to check my lining and everything looks good for a transfer late next week. The donor has an appointment tomorrow and might be triggering that day! I am trilled to finally be to this point! We are hoping to do a 5 day transfer of just one embryo.

I know it's a bit early but I'm already thinking about stocking up on my pregnancy tests soon. I know I am going to be a POAS addict already! When do you all start peeing? What is the best brand to start with? Also, every time I go to the dollar store I have the urge to buy a bunch of the off-brand dipstick tests that are only a buck, are these a waste of money and time?

Thanks for your help! I look forward to obsessively posting/checking the forums in the long 2ww ahead.

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

That's awesome!! You have got to be soo excited! I have a lining check next Tuesday and the transfer hopefully the following week. We are supposed to be doing a 3 day transfer.

I was just looking online for the least expensive pregnancy tests. I am thinking I will stock up on the dollar store ones too, simply for the fact they are inexpensive AND they worked great for my three babies!

I will be peeing right along with you....wait, that just sounds weird. Hahaha

Best of luck and keep us posted!

So close!! Just think, you're already knocked up! As for stocking up, it's NEVER "too early" IMO. My absolute fav is Answer, but I also have wonderful luck w/Equate and used Wondfo's this last time too, and really liked those. I was happy w/the Wal*Mart $.88 HPT's, but not everyone likes those. I don't care for the dollar store tests, but they are cheaper to pee away. In all honesty, I think that anything before 7dp5dt is technically still early, but it's not unheard of at all to see a BFP at 5dp5dt. Before that and I start worrying about litters!

if 2 are implanted you could start 4 days post, if one go for 5 days post! good luck!!! no blue tests...pink are the best :)

I got word today the donor looks good and she has triggered today! We are hoping for a Saturday transfer. Last night of Lupron, on the bigger and better daily needles!