Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jampurcell

Maybe TMI but gotta ask????

7 posts in this topic

Ok this might be to much but I need some sort of help!!! I'm taking meds right now to thicken my lining, I have an apointment in two weeks to start cycling :)

QUESTION!!! It's been almost 3 weeks and hubby and I "can't" have sex or so the dr suggests..... I'm not cycling yet and the transfer isn't going to be until July, so what did you ladies do about not being on birth control and have sex with your spouses? This may be a touchy subject but I gotta know what the options are!!! Might just have to get good old fashioned condoms..... Or just suffer through until we get the go ahead from the dr?? Any help is much appreciated and sorry If this is to much TMI!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

If your doctor is even suggesting that you don't have sex then I wouldn't do it. Especially if you aren't on BC. I think you should talk to him more about what your options are. =) Good luck!

I would ask for clarification from the RE on it, but definately follow both what's in your contract and what the RE says.

Thanks ladies. He didn't really say yes or no. So at my appointment when he took my IUD out he asked what I was going to do to not get pregnant..... My answer was pretty much not to or use protection. I think I will call in the morning to get a little more clarification. Thank you again

Yea, I wouldn't have sex right now. Even with condoms, I would be too scared. There are other options...maybe not for YOU. LOL If you get what I mean..

Just an FYI...my DH had a vasectomy over 6yrs ago, after #4 was born. Even though it's been successful so far, we were still using condoms and spermicide as well...JIC...until our cut off period. DH thought it was overkill, but I'd rather be safe (and NOT pg w/my own child!!!!) than sorry.

I would think you would be fine with condoms. DEFINITELY do not use the pull-out method. That's how we got pg with baby 3. At least I was not cycling and she is pretty awesome.

Jessica