Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hollibraasch

12 wk OB visit and Nuchal

9 posts in this topic

So, since I have been feeling really good lately, except for being tired, I was a little worried that one twin had naturally reduced, or worse - that both had. I am borrowing a consumer dopplar and have been trying to find heartbeats, but without any luck. So I was a little nervous going in today, but happy that at least I'll know. So my IM and I go in and I'm pretty much holding my breath, waiting to see both of them. within a second or two, I saw them and breathed with relief! We started with baby A. His/her measurements are right on at 12w1d and HR of 173. I think s/he had hiccups. :) Then baby B was sleeping and lying on the sac, so the tech decided to fill out some paperwork and come back to it. When we tried again, s/he was bouncing all over the place! Almost couldn't get a measurement again because of all the movement. This one measured 12w2d and HR 178. Both nuchal measurements were 1.6mm or under, so that's good. I go back in 4 weeks for a normal OB, and then 5 weeks after that for our 20 weeks U/S. I'll be 21 weeks, but I won't be home from a trip until then, so we'll just have to wait. :)

I'm going to make an early prediction that I have one of each gender. I'll say that A is a boy and B is a girl. This is based only on previous experience that I've only delivered boys and they've been more on the mellow side. ;)

I also had an OB visit after the U/S. I am down 2 lbs from 4 weeks ago (when I was up 2 lbs), but the Dr. didn't seem worried. I eat when I am hungry, but I can only eat about half of what I normally do. I also felt much better about the dopplar because my Dr. couldn't find them on it either.

So here they are

Twin A

post-3042-13372112603_thumb.jpg

Twin B

post-3042-133721128966_thumb.jpg

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

Congrats Holli!

Great visit -

Hmmmm - I might guess two girls

looking forward to following your journey

Just because Tiff and I both have boys, I'm saying you have 2 girlies in there!!! You didn't say on the phone if the tech mentioned where the placentas were positioned...that can make a difference in when you hear the HB's, as well as the best location to find them. Both of the boys' have anterior placentas, so I find theirs better when I go either on top of my uterus or the bottom side of it.

Great update! Glad there was nothing to be nervous about and both babies look great!

I feel you on being nervous. My 2nd trimester screening is today and I am sooo nervous but only because nothing has been "normal" with this pregnancy.

Great pics and update! Hope I can post some also later today =) I'm going with Traci and saying two girls!

soo cute!!! glad everything went great!

I feel you on being nervous. My 2nd trimester screening is today and I am sooo nervous but only because nothing has been "normal" with this pregnancy.

Great pics and update! Hope I can post some also later today =) I'm going with Traci and saying two girls!

Hi this is my first post on any type of surrogacy site, I just want an e mail buddy as i'm 12 Weeks with a suro baby as well. This is my first time :-)