Sign in to follow this  
traci72

For all new members

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
Royche    5

Hi I am a possible IM. I'm very new to this site. I posted a new topic earlier but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I wasn't even able to find it under my profile. I know it mentioned it has to be approved first, but how long does that take?

traci72    202

There is not set length of time for posts to be approved, it just depends on when a mod or myself are on the site. Typically, if I'm home and not having to run out a lot, I have my laptop up and AAS open in 1 of the tabs, so am able to approve new posts w/in minutes. If I have to work, it depends on the length of my shift, so it can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a good portion of the day, though rarely that long. Sundays I'm usually on and approving w/in minutes, except today was a day of errands and a going away party for some good friends. Each of the mod's have different schedules and I've seen them on at all different times. Please know that the VERY 1st thing I do when I come on the site is to approve all new posts ASAP, before anything else.

Royche    5

Oh traci72 so you are the running this ship. That explains why I see you on every topic, and extremely knowledgeable. Haha. Thank you for approving me. I'm very excited to join this site.

hopekitten9    2

Hi I am a possible IM. I'm very new to this site. I posted a new topic earlier but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I wasn't even able to find it under my profile. I know it mentioned it has to be approved first, but how long does that take?

Not sure if this applies. But I think I read that during the site updates some data was lost. Just a few days I think. Perhaps your post was lost then.

mahal33    0

Happy, blessed, and fruitful new year everyone! I'm new on the site and this is my first post! :). I'm thankful to have found this site!

RobinB    7

So is this why I can't post/comment on the status updates? I was so excited when I got to 10! Haha. Quite a bit more to go until 50 or 100 (whichever it is).

Hi there, so I've just joined this site and I'm not to sure what to do. I've been thinking about surrogacy for quite sometime, but I just read the post about how they normally want women who have already had a child. It would mean everything to me to be able to give others the chance of a child though. Could anyone help me with this please?

traci72    202

I'm sorry, it IS a requirement that the surrogate must have given birth AND be raising or raised that child. Not something you can get around. It's also not fair by any means, no matter how much you want to do it, to expect IP's to take on such a huge and unnecessary risk like that. There is no guarantee that you could get or even stay pg, nor could you possibly understand the emotions and how it would effect you during and after the pg. Then there is the very real possibility of losing your own fertility and never being able to have a child of your own. By the time IP's have gotten to the point of surrogacy, they have already spent tens of thousands of $$$$ and taking a risk like this on a woman that has never had a child is like asking them to flush tens of thousands of more $$$ and all their dreams down the toilet.

It's a wonderful thought to want to do something like this, but if you don't meet all of the requirements, then it's not fair to try and push past those requirements and try to do it anyway.

• Like 1