Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mafaichney

Ultrasound scheduled!

mafaichney    4

So we got back the hcg results. On Friday my hcg was 49 and it was 177 yesterday (Sunday) so definitely has more than doubled :D. My RE scheduled an U/S for me on Monday the 21st (day after my birthday!). I'll be around 6w. Does anyone know if we'll be able to see the heartbeat that early? I talked to IF and he wants to come, which is great, but I'm worried it'll be too early to really see much.

I've been getting some nausea but nothing too significant yet. DH is still having some as well, lol.

Also, I don't know if anyone will be able to help but normally when I've gone for bloodwork they've billed it back to the RE and my IF pays it thru them. Yesterday when I went the normal blood draw lab was closed so I had to go down and get registered thru the ER. The registration lady had no idea how to bill it back and just chose self-pay. She said I should receive a bill in the mail. I mentioned this to IF and he said since I'm officially pregnant (!!!) I might be able to submit this blood draw thru my insurance. If not, I know he'll pay it no problem, but I didn't know if anyone had any idea about this. If I can save him the $200+ that would be fantastic. If anyone has any knowledge please share!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
Katie520327    2

That is great news! I can say that it is pretty likely you will be able to see a heartbeat that early but if they don't see one it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong. That is kind of along the point where it just starts so it may also still be a bit slow too. I don't know anything about the billing but your IF may be correct, that you might be able to submit to the insurance for payment. Congrats! And good luck!

First if all congrats, I know you have had troubles with RE and several cycles. Nice BETA numbers too!

I have seen a heartbeat at 6w and also had to wait... So fingers crossed for your appointment!!!

traci72    202

Chances are good to potentially see a HB at 6wks, though depending on hCG levels and measurement of the baby, it may still be a bit early. As for the bill, you could try to submit it to your insurance, since it's after the pg was already confirmed. The worst that would happen is they deny it and send it back to you.

mafaichney    4

Thanks ladies! I'm not too concerned but IFs have a solid two hour drive to come down. I'd just feel terrible if they drove down here and couldn't really see anything. And yes aprille, definitely been a long, frustrating wait. Hopefully smooth sailing from here though!

mama_moon    22

They might still be happy to see the little bean growing in your belly even if there is no heartbeat yet.

I would try to submit the lab bill to your insurance. Not sure why she didn't just do that at the ER? In my case even though all the labs were submitted to my insurance, I think only the first one was actually paid for by the insurance. But since it was submitted it went toward the deductible and the price of the bill was brought down. So it's worth a shot.

Mama-C    54

Soooo excited for you, mafaichney! Can't wait to follow along on this great adventure of yours! Congrats on great numbers and yay for an ultrasound right around your b-day!

mafaichney    4

m_m, that's true. TBH I was worried they were expecting to go in and see a teensy weensy baby. I emailed IF and mentioned he may not even be able to see the heartbeat, and he said he knew and didn't mind. Just wanted to see whatever he could. So that works for me! And thanks, I do think I'll attempt to send it thru my insurance...if they won't accept it then no biggie.

Thanks Mama_C! I'm sure it'll be a neat birthday present :).