Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mafaichney

Ultrasound & questions.

mafaichney    4

Hey all,

So my u/s was today and it went well. My IFs were there and I was expecting it to be super awkward with the vaginal ultrasound, but it was fine. Baby (just one!) is measuring right at 6w1d putting us at a 12/15/14 edd. IF got an u/s picture to take home which they even framed for him. My agency rep attended as well but she ended up taking care of my kiddos in the waiting room. My husband requested the weekend off of work as yesterday was my birthday, so he wasn't able to come.

So now onto my question...I'm not sure if now is the time to request the first compensation. I also plan on emailing my agency but I figured I'd see if anyone knew. In my contract is states that "...$xx.xx upon confirmation of pregnancy via ultrasound..." and then later, "A payment of xx.xx is due upon confirmation of fetal heartbeat via ultrasound."

So we did SEE what the RE was pretty sure was the heart and you could see it moving. The RE didn't tell us it was 120bpm or anything like that, but it did definitely look like a beating heart to me. We go back in three weeks for another ultrasound so it's not a huge deal, but I didn't know if anyone knew if it would be appropriate to request the first compensation, or better to just wait. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
mama_moon    22

Since your agency rep was there I would assume you wouldn't have to say anything. But you could ask what the turn around time is for payments to be sent out.

My agency wasn't present at my u/s with heartbeat. I sent an email letting them know the good news and they sent out a check in about a week. But I think my agreement stated at the start of the next month. So I technically got my confirmation compensation a bit early.

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! SO exciting!!

traci72    202

Congrats on the great update!! W/the rep there, there shouldn't be anything that you need to do. I WOULD, however, send a nice quick email asking if they don't mind giving you heads up when it's sent, so that you can be on the look out for it in the mail. Don't want to take a chance someone might grab it out of the mailbox if you're out running errands!

ChelleBell    0

Wonderful news! My agency rep wasn't there at the first u/s so I just sent an email telling them we had seen the heart beat (not heard)like you did. I wasn't sure if that would be condsidered "confirmation by fetal heart beat" but evidently it was enough because I received my first check about a week later. I would definitely send an email to confirm but I bet you will be getting your first payment soon. :)

Mama-C    54

Congrats, mafaichney! Beautiful news!

I prepped the Email regarding 1st pmt the day before the u/s was scheduled; then I just hit [send] when I got home that afternoon. No sense waiting. They know the payment is coming out. It's not a surprise to anyone.

A couple of times I was a few days 'late' for the monthly billing, and the atty sent me a note asking me to get it to him ASAP. So I just put a reminder alarm on my calendar and get that in on time now. I think it messes up their system if they're getting piece-meal bills.

Looking forward to your updates!

wbwatts    1

check over your contract for the verbage but your agency should have the break down ready to go. if you do have questions don't be afraid to ask! congrats to you and your IPs!!!