Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miss_Fortune

New here :)

Hey everyone, I'm new here (as mentioned in the topic). My name is Danni and I am currently on journey #2 which is a sibling project for my first IFs. We had a transfer in November which resulted in a singleton miscarriage at 8 weeks. We tried again and transferred on April 6th which has resulted in triplets.

I had my first ultrasound yesterday and our RE was able to find 3 sacs and 3 heartbeats. Baby C was a little behind baby A and B so we're thinking that one may reduce itself. We are 6w5d and I am just a little nervous about everything.

I'm looking forward to getting to know and follow other's journeys!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
Katie520327    2

Welcome! I am curious about how many embryos that were transferred? I am looking at a June transfer and we are transferring two. I know that there is a 50% chance of twins and I was told there was a 1% chance of triplets. Good luck and I am looking forward to following your journey. :)

mama_moon    22
:welcomewave:

Thank you! We transferred 3 embryos due to poor quality. The RE gave us a 3% chance of triplets and I guess I ended up in that 3%.

Welcome! I am curious about how many embryos that were transferred? I am looking at a June transfer and we are transferring two. I know that there is a 50% chance of twins and I was told there was a 1% chance of triplets. Good luck and I am looking forward to following your journey. :)/>

traci72    202

Welcome and good luck! RE's give stats based on the actual woman (IM) transferring into herself. There are no reliable stats when it comes to adding a surrogate into the mix. Transferring more, as you found out, only increases the chance of multiples. If you don't have it, I highly recommend Dr. Barbara Luke's book "When you're expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads". It came in handy when I was carrying twins and w/trips on board (even if 1 does reduce naturally), it would really be beneficial to you.

jessa4140    44

Welcome, and GOOD LUCK! A dear friend of mine carried triplets after IVF for herself. One of hers was slightly behind as well but with a lot of care (and a lot of bedrest!) All three made it and are happy, healthy, perfect little (nearly) two year olds!

wbwatts    1

welcome!! make sure you and your IFs make a bed rest plan just in case it happens (more than likely if it stays trips). a great book for you is what to expect when you're expecting twins, trips or quads. when i carried the twinkies, the RE was sure twin b would not make it but he's now a crazy 2.5 year old :) i was also on bed rest so don't hesitate to message me!

Thank you everyone! I'll definitely take the book advice and read up as much as I can. :-)

We also have a pretty good bed rest plan in our contract. My IFs were great about making sure I get lost wages plus my lost overtime. Luckily my mom lives with us and my dad is retired so I have tons of people to help in case. Not sure how I'd take being stuck on bed rest though, I'm the kind of person who is all over the place.