Sign in to follow this  
Ablank

Need help deciding if it's a good idea!

Ablank    0

My name is Alicia. I'm 22 y/o. I have a family friend who is thinking of using a surrogate. I really want my own kids and have always wanted to have them young since my parents are close to 50. I am debating whether to offer to be a surrogate to our friend since this is her dream and she can not have her own children. Though my parents are skeptical of whether I will be able to do this without having second thoughts. So, I guess my question is have any of the surrogates on this site ever given birth to their 1st child as a surrogate who also has no kids but wants them and if so, emotionally how did you do it!? Is there any advice you can give me to help me make a decision?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
GSinIN    38

Hello Alicia. It is always recommended that you complete your own family prior to becoming a surrogate for someone else. There are a few reasons for this. One, you don't know if you can even become pregnant and successfully birth a child. Two, you have never experienced pregnancy to know and understand the emotional toll it will take on your body, both physically and mentally. Three, you could lose your own fertility and find yourself in the same position.

It is awesome that you feel compelled to even look into this for your friend, but it is not in your best interest. I have given birth for parents between the ages of 41 and 56. You have plenty of time to complete your family and then help whomever you like.

If you would like to hear additional answers to this question, please ask out on the general forum as this forum is only answered by me.

Good luck to you!

Laura

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this