Sign in to follow this  
cpaycus

Reasonable Number of Attempts with GS

cpaycus    0

Most gestational surrogacy contracts are written for a maximum of 3 IVF attempts.

If we have 3 failed IVF attempts with donor eggs and the same gestational surrogate, should we change surrogates?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
GSinIN    38

This is really hard to say as so many factors play a part. Have the embryos been tested? Has the GS carried successfully in the past? Has the donor had a pregnancy result from any other donations? How is the GS responding to medication? Have her levels been appropriate?

I think that if I were an IP, I would be hesitant to continue with the same factors- same donor eggs and same GS. I would feel the need to switch something up.

My last set of IPs used the same donor for several cycles(failed cycles) and after testing the last batch, only one embryo was deemed normal. So they will always wonder whether those failed attempts could have been prevented earlier by testing the embryos sooner. The one normal embryo resulted in a beautiful baby girl via GS.

eatpraylove    24

Has your RE given you an indication that the issues may be with your surrogate? I agree with Laura that you should definitely look at changing something, but I would look a little closer at the embryos before going back to square one with a new surrogate. FWIW, my first contract listed 6 transfers in 18 months instead of the usual 3 transfers in one year because we were doing single embryo transfers each time and didn't want to give up too quickly.

autumnjade    21

I agree with the other replies on here- there are a lot of factors, before you start back at square one, you should take a look at all of them to see if somethimg else could be causing those issues.

slyngh    33

Maybe talk to the RE about using a different med protocol? This is what happened with me, my IFs used a proven donor and after 2 failed cycles the RE sent myself and both IFs in for more testing and bloodwork to see if any of us carried either certain genes or had anything that was causing the miscarriage or failed attempts. Everything for everyone came back normal and with no explanations. They decided to wait on testing the embryos and this time changed my meds a bit and added an antihistamine protocol along with my meds and it looks like it's working now. (9W2d) :-)

hopekitten9    2

From what I understand of my IP's previous journeys before me. They had learned after failed transfers and failed pregnancies that the embryos quality were not very promising. So they chose to change a lot of factors. They did plan to use the same GS but she was not available. They used a different clinic and donor eggs as well. They didn't test the embryos in the same way that they had tested their own either. I want to say FET testing. But I'm really not sure. We all are now expecting a baby girl in July. My personal thoughts would be check quality of embryo if GS has been successful before with other IP's. And vise versa if the embryos are known to be of good quality.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this