Sign in to follow this  
Melissad84

Starting the contract.

Melissad84    0

I am new to surrogacy and am just wondering about the contract. I have been matched with out of town parents. I have gone to see them and have been checked out by their fertility clinic. I have recently taken out my birth control and am told that once I get my period I will start the mock cycle. I asked about contract but was told that it will be drawn up once the mock cycle is complete. I thought it is sort of strange that I am going to be injecting something into my body before I even sign a contract. What is a typical time the contract should be signed?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
GSinIN    38

Hello and welcome!!!! Different clinics/agencies vary on their protocol when it comes to contracts and mock cycles. In your case, I would say that they want to be sure you are a good candidate prior to drawing up the contract because it can be an expensive and lengthy process. If you don't respond well to meds and are not a suitable surrogate, then all of that time and money would be wasted. Are you signing any sort of agreement in regards to payment and any bills that may occur during the mock?

Melissad84    0

I did sign some about the cost of medications and everything. It is very basic and says the parents are responsible for the cost. You have made me feel better about waiting for the contract. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting pushed into something that should have been done after the contract.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this