Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Melissad84

Adding to the contract, HELP!

7 posts in this topic

I am starting the contract this week and I am very excited. I have heard of surrogates putting in the contract that the IP's should cover the cost of a gym or personal trainer for during/after the pregnancy. I really want to add this to my contract but I feel bad because I know the IP's are already paying A LOT of money as it is. Is it acceptable to ask for the cost of a personal trainer/health guide to be covered? If so, is an additional $4000 to cover that to much to ask? Please help!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

Hello - thank you for your question.

I understand that it may be a wish for to have a personal trainer or a gym membership supported by the IPs.

However, this is a non-standard request and as an IP - I would not feel comfortable requesting it.

If your IPs decided to gift you this, that is one thing. Requesting or requiring the IPs to pay for this (via contract) may actually cause them to be concerned about the match.

I have not seen many instances where IPs have afforded a trainer or gym membership and I have been in the surrogacy world for 5 years.

My guidance would be to not ask for this in the contract. My second piece of advice would be to discuss this request with your attorney.

Best wishes for a good relationship with your IPs and a good journey

Thanks

-DD

This, specifically, is what your comp is there for. If these are things you desire (and there is nothing normal about this as an expectation or requirement of the IP's, nor should they be required to pay for these things), it is your responsibility to pay for the costs.

Thank you. It was the psychiatrist they had me meet with that put the idea in my head. I asked around and found out that some surrogates had asked for that.

It is not a normal or common thing to ask for, is not necessary for a surrogate pg, not required for a surrogate pg and is solely something that you want for the hell of it (to be blunt). You can ask IP's if they are ok with it, but there is zero justification for nickel and diming them over a personal trainer and gym membership. If it was all that important, it should be something you already have, had during your own pg's, and possibly ask the IP's if they would be willing to reimburse you for the length of the pg only. As an experienced surrogate and involved in the surrogacy community since 2006, I can count on less than 1 hand the number of IP's I've known/seen that would be willing to cover what you should be using your comp to cover.

I would not cover this cost for a surrogate if I was an IP. No way.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0