Sign in to follow this  
ryekamasaki

Princess H Has Arrived!

ryekamasaki    6

We scheduled an induction for Friday morning at 7:30 since the guys live two hours away, and we were all scheduled and ready to go when I got a call at 5am (just half an hour before the alarm was due to go off) telling us that they were really busy and we couldn't come in at 7:30 but to call back at 10 to see if we could go in at 12 instead.

10 comes and we get a call; we can go in at 1. My hubby, my labor partner (my almost sister-in-law) and I are hanging out at a mall close to the hospital so we can get there quickly. We're just paying for some stuff (and the guys are on their way) when we get another call. We can't come in anytime tonight they say, because it's too busy, so come in at 8 the next morning instead. The guys are already over halfway here, and we're only a few minutes away ourselves, so overall we were not happy to hear this, but accept it. The guys turn around and go home, we all go back home and prepare to do it all again the next morning.

At this point we're all exhausted and we haven't even done anything. I hardly got any sleep the night before because of nerves and wanting to make sure to get up on time. Friday night wasn't any better, but we got to the hospital at 8 and got all set up in our room pretty quickly. By 10 we had the meds started, and I stayed at 3 cm for a while. Around 1:30 everyone went to go eat before the cafeteria closed, and the doctor came in to check again and announced that I was fully dilated and pretty much ready to go.

Everybody got back pretty fast, and we started pushing at 1:55. 2:07, after 5 pushes, the little princess arrived! It took a while after that for them to finish up, because it went so fast my cervix tore a bit and they couldn't find where the bleeding was coming from. Overall labor was only around 5 hours, and honestly I was so surprised at how fast it went and how painless it was.

H is the cutest little thing! I got to hold her while the guys cut the cord. She weighed 7 pounds and 14 ounces and measured 20 inches. I'm healing pretty well now, most of the swelling is gone already. Just having to deal with the milk coming in, which hurts terribly and I can't wait for it to be over. Otherwise I'm great and I can't wait for my next journey. I'm really hoping the guys will want me for a sibling journey.

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    200

:itsabeautifulthing: :dancing dots: HUGE congrats to you and your IP's!!!! I'm sorry to hear about your poor cervix, but glad to hear you're healing now. So proud of you...you did an awesome job and I be your IP's are just over the moon!

mama_moon    22

Wow that is pretty amazing that you birthed the princess in 5 pushes! You're amazing :) She weighs a good amount too! Nice job growing baby!! I hope you heal up nicely and you're not in too much pain from milk coming in. Congratulations to everyone!!

itsonlyk    65

What a beautiful birth story!! Annoying with the rescheduling but it sounds like you really handled it very well and now you are a GSX1 :-) So many congratulations to you and your IPs. Rest easy if you can! I just shared on another post that for the pain when milk was coming in - I got a box of those small snack sized baggies at the store and filled them some what with water - then froze them flat. I'd have a bunch of them because they do melt quickly but fit nicely in my shirts/bras, and the pain was very minimal and did not last long at all for me with the ice relief. I hope you heal all up quickly - congratulations again!

miamoo1    18

Congrats!!! Sounds like a very smooth and quick labor! I hope the discomfort of your milk coming in has subsided. I must say I'm dreading that part myself so I'm grateful for the advise itsonlyk...I will plan on giving that a try:-)

beachalice    21

I found your birthstory Krys, since you are newly back. Sounds like everything went very smoothly for you! Congrats!

Have you kept in touch much with the IPs? Is there anything you'll do differently for your second journey?

ryekamasaki    6

I do still have contact with my IFs, and I get to see pictures of the princess whenever they post them online, so that's nice. I can't think of anything I'd do differently, honestly, this journey was pretty great!