Sign in to follow this  
Royche

What to ask during hosptal toir

Royche    5

I'm flying out this Friday for our hospital tour and not sure what to ask during the tour? Any suggestions?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
1AndF    5

Hi Royche, aren't you with ConceiveAbilities? When we went for the hospital tour, ConceiveAbilities sent us a psychologist (who hosts the monthly meetings for the GCs in our area) to go to the hospital with us and she pretty much asked all the questions for us. Also ConceiveAbilities e-mailed us a list of questions we might want to ask. I don't remember what was on the list, but our main questions were like, "will we get a separate room from our GC but hopefully next to hers?" and "how do they know that they will have to separate the invoices for a GC and a baby?"

Royche    5

I'm not a fan of the hospital that she will b delivering from and they seem very slow. Our agency sent the questions in advance and has been trying to get answers for me ahead of time but they haven't responded yet, so they may just send the questions to me for me to ask. They don't do appt for hospital tours.. U just go and they will show u around.. We are suppose to have a private tour so let's see if that happens. They seem unorganized at this hospital. So a bit annoyed. The problem is that her ob only delivers at this hospital not the one that's an 1.5 hr away that also has a nicu unit of 3.

Edited by Royche

1AndF    5

The agency also had some problems communicating with our hospital. They called and e-mailed but never received any response until the last minute. They let us make the appointment, but they forgot about it when we got there.... But once we were there, they answered all our questions and seemed to know what they are doing.

I hope and am sure everything will work out!

Edited by 1AndF

Royche    5

Ok thank you makes me feel better

mama_moon    22

You may want to ask if they have donated breast milk available for your stay, if you are interested. If your GS is going to pump, you may also want to ask if they have hospital grade pumps available to borrow while there and where they can be rented from. If you're thinking about inducing lactation or your GS needs support, you may ask if there is a lactation consultant. :)

Royche    5

Thanks! She plans to pump and has her own madela pump so how does that work does she bring her own?

1AndF    5

My GC took her own pump to the hospital, but the hospital rented her one anyway. But she said her pump works better than their hospital grade pump :)