Sign in to follow this  
Happyhapamom

GS pregnancy experience vs pregnancy w bio kids?

I am considering becoming a surrogate mother for friends of mine who are unable to have another child. I have 3 kids of my own (and am def done having any more!) and each pregnancy and delivery I've gone through was super easy and pretty textbook. But I know with GS, there are medications involved and with the embryo not being of my genetic makeup, I wasn't sure if my body would react differently? Any of you surrogates out there have a totally different experience being pregnant through GS as opposed to your pregnancies with your bioogical children? I LOVED being pregnant and would LOVE to help out my friends in this way but I don't want to bank on things being easy as they have been in the past. I know each pregnancy is different but just wanted to get thoughts from those of you who have done this before. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

Other than when I carried multiples, the only difference between any of the pg's I've carried has been the effects of the med's. Pg/labors/births have all been the same for me.

itsonlyk    65

The meds are a thorn in the side but that's it. The pregnancy for me was JUST AS EASY as my own, but there was absolutely a difference for me. I NEVER once thought that baby was mine. I had NO attachment and I know that's lucky but I think honestly you just *know*

Best wishes if you decide to move forward !

jewls5    1

My surro pregnancy was the same as all my other. I had terrible morning sickness but I had that with my own as well. The only difference is I developed high blood pressure at the end but did not have that with my own.

mama_moon    22

There was a lot less attachment. There's no planning for new baby. The effects of the meds and the shots are a difference. Twins were a huge difference, literally, lol. I'll pass on twins on purpose again.

GSinIN    38

I had morning sickness with my own three but only until 12 weeks and only in the am. It was worst with my first vs my second and third.

My morning sickness with my surro pregnancies has been bad. First set of twins was until delivery, second set of twins was about until 20 weeks, third pregnancy was about 16 weeks, and currently I am still sick at 30 weeks. I have had bad carpal tunnel and leg pain with all surro pregnancies. Also with this current one I have TMD. I have been going to physical therapy 3 times a week to try and straighten out my jaw. That hasn't been fun.

My labors have all been similar- induced. Long. Easy, but long- 12+ hours. My body likes to hold on to the babies(mine or surro).

And I would still do it all over again.

Thank you everyone for your replies! It's reassuring to hear what you all have gone through to help me take this next step. And I think you all are AMAZING for being a surrogate (some of you more than once) to provide such a huge blessing for those who can't have children on their own!