Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryekamasaki

Back to the beginning!

21 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I know it's been a long time since I've been around, and I hope everyone is doing well. The princess's birth went well, and I was really just waiting to see what the IFs wanted to do regarding a sibling before I really got back into posting and whatnot. I proposed working together again after the birth, and then waited until my 6 week checkup to be sure everything was healed well before bringing it up again, but a few weeks ago the guys told me they were just waiting for testing to be done, and since it was they told me they were already moving forward with a new surrogate. I'll admit it was a bit disappointing, especially since they waited until the new surro was getting her schedule to tell me that they didn't want to work with me again, since we had such a great relationship, but I understand the reasons behind it.

Now I'm all set up again to start a new journey. Updated my profile and everything, and just had a conference call with a potential couple yesterday. They seem really great, and I hope this works out. They're even closer than my previous couple, which is pretty exciting. I've already told the agency I think it's a good match, so now I get to wait for their answer before we move ahead, but on the phone they sounded like they liked me, so we'll see.

They already mentioned the clinic that they work with has a different med protocol, so that's a little nerve wracking again, haha. Has anybody worked with New Hope Fertility Center in NYC? I'm going to do a search on the forum, but any experience would be great to hear about.

Hope you're all doing well! What's new?? :D

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

Hello!

Glad to hear you had a good experience.

I just asked in another thread if you were working with the same IPs. Please forgive me as I had not read this post yet.

It is sad that they didn't give you a chance. Maybe they thought it would put you out too much to ask again so soon.

Hope you receive a response soon from your potential match!

Hello!

Glad to hear you had a good experience.

I just asked in another thread if you were working with the same IPs. Please forgive me as I had not read this post yet.

It is sad that they didn't give you a chance. Maybe they thought it would put you out too much to ask again so soon.

Hope you receive a response soon from your potential match!

No, they explained why they didn't want to use me again, since the clinic would make them wait until Dec/Jan for me to get pregnant again, and they want everything moving before that.

Thank you! I hope to hear from them soon!

the clinic would make them wait until Dec/Jan for me to get pregnant again, and they want everything moving before that.

:( That's totally understandable. And this process is all about what works best for the IPs and their family.

At least there was nothing about you that was disappointing to them!

the clinic would make them wait until Dec/Jan for me to get pregnant again, and they want everything moving before that.

:( That's totally understandable. And this process is all about what works best for the IPs and their family.

At least there was nothing about you that was disappointing to them!

I certainly hope not, haha. If there is they didn't mention it. I'm hopeful about a new journey though, so now I'm looking ahead and moving forward!

Wow!! How exciting! Nothing like meeting your IP's for the first time and starting a new journey. Exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. Congrats...can't wait to hear about your potential new match! Keep us all posted:)

Thank you, miamoo! I'll still waiting to hear if they decided to work with me or not, but it's only been a few days, haha.

Well, that's a bummer that they are moving quickly for another journey w/a different surrogate, but I'm so excited to hear you're moving forward yourself!! I'm so excited to follow this new journey along as well.

I was working with NH in 2014. It was so terrible. The nurse cord was horrible. I ended up leaving the match because the clinic was so bad, and the IPs wanted to stay there. They have since started working with a agency for their surrogates. I hope that it has lessoned the load on the Drs and NC. If you do a search on that clinic you will find quite a few neg reviews. Good luck!!

traci- yes, i was quite disappointed myself, mostly that they seemed to do everything 'behind my back' instead of jsut giving me a heads up. at the least i could've prepared myself for a totally new journey if the new girl worked out. but it's all said and done now, so there's not much point lingering on it.

I am super excited to be starting again! My last journey really was great, so I'm really looking forward to making another family happy. :)

jessaca- thank you for telling me! i just like to do a little research before i deal with places, but at least i can be a little prepared for how they work. hopefully they've gotten better since you used them. :)

Hello again!

So the match I'd started this post with finally fell through around the end of March. The IPs seemed great, but they were very insistent on going by whatever their clinic told them, and had me go there for a total of 7 trips for 'monitoring' because my lining never got as thick as they wanted, which is confusing because it was all ONLY for the medical screening. I had to finally put my foot down and tell them that if the clinic didn't approve me i was leaving the match, which is exactly what happened. It took over 2 months of 'screening' appointments for the clinic to decide I wasn't 'a suitable candidate'.

I have a new couple now, and I talked to the IM on Friday, and she seems wonderful! The clinic finally approved my records last week, and my hubby and I have an appointment for the psych eval on Friday, mostly because just after our last eval (in January) we decided we're getting a divorce (all amicable, of course!) so that eval won't count, so to speak. Hopefully everything goes well and we can get this show on the road again.

The clinic is in CT, which is at least an hour from me, depending on how we get there, so I'm a little excited for that. My best friend is such a great support, and she's been going with me to every appointment. I hope you all are doing well!

Oh wow. You've had so much going on!

Positive vibes to you!

I hope that your experience with this new clinic will be better. I'm soooo glad to be done with NH lol

I'm sorry to hear about the divorce, but being that it's ending on friendly terms it seems like that is probably best then? I wish you the best moving forward, can't wait to follow along with your journey!