Sign in to follow this  
beachalice

What are your IPs like?

beachalice    23

For those who are matched and/or have completed journeys behind you, who are/were your IPs?

No identifying info obviously ;-)

Married? Single? Committed but not married?

Easy going? Completely anal?

First journey? Sibling journey?

What attracted you to them?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
miamoo1    18

My IF's tied the knot midpoint during our journey. They were the most easy going people who were not only grateful but made me feel very trusted and respected.

I was matched previously with another IF couple and I believe what brought us together in both circumstances were our easy going personalities and of course similar feelings/beliefs towards the journey ahead of us.

My first ips were local (2 hours away) (male and female) and were very open and caring. They truly cared for me and my family from the beginning and we became very close. IM was able to come to almost very appt.

My current ips (male and female) are international and don't speak English but they are very kind and they really like that I have completed a surrogacy before. I hope to get closer to them once I'm pregnant.

GSinIN    38

I get asked a lot which one I liked best and it's really hard to say.

First couple was 41 and 45, IM/IF, already had three kids. Mom was a sahm, lots and lots of activities for her and kiddos. They were very busy. And very nice. They never asked anything of me and were very appreciate and laid back. I had equal correspondence with both parents.

Second couple was 55 and 56, IM/IF. They had a son that passed away at age 20. Both worked FT. They were Chinese but living in US. The mom wasn't too involved and most contact was with dad. I would probably say that he is my favorite IF by far and I really felt like we had a very father/daughter relationship. Actually we got that assumption a lot at our appointments.

Third couple was 47 and 47, IM/IF, already had one son, both worked FT. 99% of contact was with mom. Dad was around and attended big appointments but he was pretty quiet. Still is lol. We had a very similar relationship to the first couple, not pushy, did as I said and vice versa. Very easy going.

Current couple is interesting. They are 39 and 45, IM/IF, already have three kids, dad works from home and mom is sahm. Not interesting in a bad way though. The mom is very peppy, animated, wonderful. I have not met the dad yet- due in 4.5 weeks. We were matched by my RE- they are neighbors. They went through a failed adoption(scam) and several failed transfers with another surro. The RE called me and asked if I would be willing to talk to the mom- he left working with her or helping her find someone up to me. I loved her. She was so la dee dah. Everything came together so easily that even she can't believe it and is so thankful for him putting us together.

I am FB friends with families 2, 3, and 4. Family 1 is not on FB. I receive updates and pictures and videos and still text/talk to all of them(even family 1). Every relationship is similar in that they are all stress free and are easy to maintain. IM #1 and current IM actually happened to be at a travel hockey game in Ohio at the pool chit chatting and IM #1 mentioned that they had twins via surro and current IM said oh wow we are expecting via surro in November. And over the course of the conversation they realized they had the same surro. It was so awesome that they met like that. Weird a little for me but so happy that I still have contact and really great relationships. They think it was fate to meet.

• Like 1

beachalice    23

My first ips were local (2 hours away) (male and female) and were very open and caring. They truly cared for me and my family from the beginning and we became very close. IM was able to come to almost very appt.

My current ips (male and female) are international and don't speak English but they are very kind and they really like that I have completed a surrogacy before. I hope to get closer to them once I'm pregnant.

Wow! That's so wonderful that you were able to become close. I would think that's what most people hope for in surrogacy.

With your current IPs, are you working with translators? How did you know they'd be a good match for you?

Yes, when we Skype they have an English translator. When we talked to each other it was so calm and they loved seeing my kids running around in the background. They even invited my family to China to see their hometown. I knew that they would be a good match because I just felt like we would get along well and agreed on everything important.

beachalice    23

Every relationship is similar in that they are all stress free and are easy to maintain.

Laura - your story of your IPs meeting each other like that gives me chills! It is odd how some "small world" coincidences like that come up. And if they had only politely smiled at one another, no one would have ever known. That's so neat!

It sounds like you've had great journeys.

I can only imagine the sheer joy your current IP family is experiencing with their new babe due so soon after all that heartbreak.

beachalice    23

Yes, when we Skype they have an English translator. When we talked to each other it was so calm and they loved seeing my kids running around in the background. They even invited my family to China to see their hometown. I knew that they would be a good match because I just felt like we would get along well and agreed on everything important.

That's so neat! I'm so happy for you!!

beachalice    23

The more of these stories I read, the more excited I am to begin my own journey.

This hurry up and wait... :aasaddict:

I'm loving all the stories!

Marie83    0

Once again it's an old post but I'm on my second journey. My first was not a good experience at all. They had tried for a long time to have a baby and were getting close to 50 IM was not super friendly and micromanaged everything IF was pretty great.

Now I have two IF's who I LOVE! They are international and we had a translator but as soon as I saw them I bawled. They are just the sweetest. We text everyday. What attracted me to them is it just felt right. I literally just knew.

beachalice    23

How wonderful for you to have a great match this time!

This is my first journey but second match, and I agree with you that sometimes you just know!

ByThrees    1
On 02/11/2016 at 8:39 AM, GSinIN said:

First couple was 41 and 45, IM/IF, already had three kids. Mom was a sahm, lots and lots of activities for her and kiddos. They were very busy. And very nice. They never asked anything of me and were very appreciate and laid back. I had equal correspondence with both parents.

Second couple was 55 and 56, IM/IF. They had a son that passed away at age 20. Both worked FT. They were Chinese but living in US. The mom wasn't too involved and most contact was with dad. I would probably say that he is my favorite IF by far and I really felt like we had a very father/daughter relationship. Actually we got that assumption a lot at our appointments.

Third couple was 47 and 47, IM/IF, already had one son, both worked FT. 99% of contact was with mom. Dad was around and attended big appointments but he was pretty quiet. Still is lol. We had a very similar relationship to the first couple, not pushy, did as I said and vice versa. Very easy going.

Current couple is interesting. They are 39 and 45, IM/IF, already have three kids, dad works from home and mom is sahm. Not interesting in a bad way though. The mom is very peppy, animated, wonderful. I have not met the dad yet- due in 4.5 weeks. We were matched by my RE- they are neighbors. They went through a failed adoption(scam) and several failed transfers with another surro. The RE called me and asked if I would be willing to talk to the mom- he left working with her or helping her find someone up to me. I loved her. She was so la dee dah. Everything came together so easily that even she can't believe it and is so thankful for him putting us together.

I am FB friends with families 2, 3, and 4. Family 1 is not on FB. I receive updates and pictures and videos and still text/talk to all of them(even family 1). Every relationship is similar in that they are all stress free and are easy to maintain. IM #1 and current IM actually happened to be at a travel hockey game in Ohio at the pool chit chatting and IM #1 mentioned that they had twins via surro and current IM said oh wow we are expecting via surro in November. And over the course of the conversation they realized they had the same surro. It was so awesome that they met like that. Weird a little for me but so happy that I still have contact and really great relationships. They think it was fate to meet.

Your post made me smile hon. How special is it that some of your IP's met by chance IRL. It also gave me hope that even though we have our own children and are looking into surrogacy that there are people open to being available surrogates for couples who do already have children. I've feared that perhaps we might get judged because we are already so blessed. So thank you :D

• Like 1