Sign in to follow this  
hech0506

Baby Y has arrived

hech0506    12

Things got started for me Tuesday 22nd. I was currently 39 weeks+4 so I thought this was it. I never went over with my own babes, so I was ready. The little lady didnt let me sleep all night, She was all over the place, I was having contractions, although none were painful it was annoying. Every movement I kept waiting for more signs. I called my doula around 6am and let her know my symptoms. After that I got in the tub and took a lavender bath so see if this was real or not. Everything stopped! UGH, I was so bummed! After this, it was hard to relax as I and hubby were "on alert" for any little signs.

Saturday 26th I went to bed about 9 because I could sense something was going to happen in the early morning. I laid in bed tossing and turning until 12 because of contractions and she was very active. After getting up several times to go pee I wondered if my water was breaking because I only felt little sensations, but had to pee anyway. Finally, at 3 I got up and felt a dribble before I even got to the toilet. I called my doula to let her it was breaking and let her know there weren't really any contractions going yet, just crampy.

At 5, I had a larger contraction and called her back letting her know we were heading to the hospital, knowing it was going to go fast. Get to the hospital, get checked in but still no contractions were happening. This is unusal for me as I generally don't feel anything until my water breaks and then contractions come hard and strong.

There was debate as to whether I should go home and wait it out until something started, or let the doctor check me to see if there was any progress.

11:00AM I let her check me and was still at a 3 and 40%effaced. She discovered my water wasn't fully ruptured, so she ruptured it and almost immediately I started contracting at 6 min apart.

Called the doula and she was going to arrive within the hour. Thank god since things were getting intense. My husband was amazing at getting pressure where I needed it on my back since all I had was back labor, again. After my doula arrived they got me into the tub with hot water to soak in. I was finally able to relax even when contractions were one on top of another. I eventually got out of the tub and wanted to straddle the toilet backwards. After a few hard contractions on there I had the uncontrollable urge to push....so i did. Almost immediately upon getting pulled from the toilet, to get to the bed, I had another contraction and with that the head was out! A bunch of nurses scrambled to get the doctor and I was told to "run" with the babys head between my legs to get to the bed. As soon as I laid on the bed the rest of the baby came flying out. Unfortunately, the daddies missed the birth because she came soo fast, but one got to cut the cord upon walking into the room.

2:08 PM their sweet baby girl arrived at 7lb 10oz and 19.5in long.

This was my longest pregnancy and my shortest labor. First time unmedicated labor as well. I'm back home doing well now and daddies are just in awe over their bundle!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
miamoo1    18

Eek!! How exciting!!:) Congrats to you all! Wow that was incredibly fast indeed...the visual of you outright going into active labor and being asked to run to your bed is WILD!! I think I would have been screaming at that point mostly in fear the baby would come out in transit, lol. Your definilty a trooper so cheers to going natural. It was my first time as well with the birth of my surrobabe a few months ago complete with back labor too. Sorry to hear your IF's missed the birth but sounds like the stars aligned more or less with their timing and being able to cut the cord. That's awesome:) :bearb::yougogirl:

How are you feeling?

beachalice    23

Congratulations!!! How wonderful ♡

That's an exciting birth story. Way to go unmedicated! I hope you're healing and enjoying some good sleep.

traci72    202

Congrats again!!! You did such an awesome job! I admit to chuckling myself, picturing you running w/basically a head hanging out of you. LOL! I was trying hard not to stalk you, but it totally made my day to see when you were home!! Congrats to everyone!

:itsabeautifulthing: :dancing dots: :4_19_3::yougogirl:

mama_moon    22

Oh my goodness! That sounds like an event! Running from the toilet to the bed. Congratulations :)