Sign in to follow this  
sld

Baby W has arrived!

sld    0

I know I'm a few days behind, but baby girl W was born on Saturday, the 26th of November.

Quick stats: 9 pounds 7 ounces and 20 inches long, born at exactly 39 weeks gestation.

Story: I had a prenatal appt on Friday, the 25th and IPs came along to see how things were progressing. My OB said I was 5cm and 70% effaced. We decided that since I was Group B Strep positive and that labor would likely progress quickly since I was so far dilated, that it would be a good idea to schedule an induction for the next morning. So, headed to the hospital Saturday morning and started antibiotics. Around noon, pitocin was started. The bummer was that when the nurses checked me, they put me at only 4cm and 40% effaced. So, after a couple of hours of pitocin, we were finally back to where we thought we were when we got to the hospital! Dr. broke my water early in the evening and then things started moving along finally. I started getting real pushy around 7:30 and by the time the nurses got everything set up for delivery, baby was on her way. The first contraction that I was 'allowed' to push, her head came out. Then there was a little panic because her cord was wrapped around her neck and her shoulders got stuck in the birth canal. Dr. got the cord cut immediately and then the nurses all pushed down on my stomach to help get baby's shoulders through. I was super relieved to hear baby's first cries!

My biggest baby was 7 lbs 11 ounces, so this was quite the experience, especially since I went med free with this delivery. Everyone was surprised at her size and I was very glad we decided to induce when we did!

IPs were with us for the entire delivery and it was just amazing to see them hold their daughter for the first time. Definitely a memory I will cherish for a lifetime. I'm pumping milk for them and very much looking forward to seeing all of them again soon to make a drop off. The pictures I received from the IPs are just adorable! I also received a beautiful charm bracelet today from my agency with trinkets to remind me of this journey, including baby's birthstone. I will wear it proudly!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
beachalice    21

Ohmygosh I was holding my breath for you as a I read this. Wow!

Congratulations!!!

Healing vibes, and I hope you can catch up on sleep

:xoxo:

traci72    200

What a great story!! Sorry she got a bit stuck, but I agree w/you...thank goodness you delivered when you did. Can you imagine a week later? (my own DD#1 was 9lbs 5oz and I joke that I've chatted w/"Elvis" that he will not be bigger than that!) So glad everyone is doing well and what a great job you did!! Congrats to everyone...now rest up!

:congrats::bouncy::woofreakinhoo: :dancing dots:

mama_moon    22

Wow! That's a big baby! Forget newborn clothing :)

Congratulations!!

miamoo1    18

Wow!! You must be an all around natural to labor not only naturally but a 9 pounder to boot! Well done! So happy to hear all went smoothly especially with such a scary surprise during labor. I hope your resting up and feeling good! Congrats to you!!