Sign in to follow this  
Jovigirl214

C-section

Jovigirl214    0

I am a gestational carrier at 37 weeks and 2 days. The baby is breech. I have a version scheduled, but they are talking about doing a c-section if she doesn't turn. I have only heard awful c-section stories, so I'm really worried and upset at the thought of having to deliver that way. Anyone have any good or not so bad c-section experiences that they can share? Thank you!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
beachalice    24

Many many many mommas voluntarily chose repeat cesareans. Nearly half the births in the US are c-section deliveries. Surely it can't be that bad.

It's major surgery. Rest up and follow your OB's instructions. It will take time to heal.

That said, there are two reasons why you have a great chance at healing:

A) Your surgery would be scheduled in advance at an ideal time when your OB is ready and in a good mood (rather than an emergency surgery in the middle of the night after hours of traumatic labor)

and

B) You don't have to take care of a newborn after. You get to go home and sleep in your own bed and get a full night's sleep without around the clock feedings and diaper changes to delay your healing.

Remain positive!

Check out the spinning babies website for some stretches that might help loosen your pelvis so baby has room to turn.

Hopefully you'll have a successful version and a wonderful birth!

:elv:

GSinIN    38

I have had a c section. The thought is so much more frightening than the reality. And not having to care for a baby afterwards makes the recovery much more tolerable.

Marie83    0

I've had a c-section and the worst part was trying to get out of bed and take care of the baby. I was out of the hospital within a couple days and totally healed within a week. Just make sure you don't overdue it and you'll be ok.

miamoo1    18

I haven't had a c-section however I have had two successfull versions. The most recent was this past Sept. for my first surro baby. You should have a very good chance of success provided your doctor is experienced and your version is done around 38 weeks. Best of luck and try not to worry:)

Surrox4    0

I have had 4 c-sections and have healed nice and fast from each one. I don't think c-sections are bad at all. A regular delivery scares me lol