Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D&J2017

Zoloft during pregnancy??

7 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone

Our GC is about to have her medical clearance, we are waiting still for her labs and we received an email from our DR and told us everything was fine during the visit, history, physical exam and ultrasound, (waiting for hers and her husband's labs), she also told us our GC was trying to wean off Zoloft and this could take a little hard time for her.

Our DR says she has has many pregnancies whose mothers have been taking this med, Zoloft, during the preganáncy without any concern to the baby.

Doy you know something about this? (Zoloft or if this could affect somewhere the little baby?)

We don't know anything about this and would be very grateful if someone could explain us more about it.

We are very happy as far as it looks we will move ahead soon with legal!!!

Thank you

D&J

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

Any woman who needs an antidepressant to regulate her moods during normal life is not suitable for surrogacy, in my opinion.

There are so many reasons to take this type of medication, but Zoloft is _typically_ used to treat panic/ anxiety disorders.

I absolutely agree with Babz that I would not want to use a surrogate who has a very recent incidence of needing to stabilize anxiety.

The reason for needing medication is more concerning than any side effects from the medication.

Hello!

Thank you for your responses.

In fact our DR has already told us she has reviewed her history and she said she would not be worried about this.

We don't know anything about medicine but if our DR has told us not to be worried about it, this make sens for us.

Besides she has had her psyc evaluation done recently, and also was OK.

Hope everything goes fine with her labs and finally we can move ahead!

Many thanks for your help. 😊

If your doctor and psychologist have approved your surrogate, then hopefully they can explain any consequences and side effects to your satisfaction.

Keep in mind that the RE rarely sees pregnancy and newborns. They exist to create pregnancy. Any birth defects or pregnancy complications do not affect the business of an RE.

How long do they expect it will take for her to wean off the meds?

What are the side effects from the meds?

What if something happens during pregnancy that she feels the need to have medication again?

Zoloft is a company brand name. You might be able to do more research under the name of the medication: sertraline.

Here is one summary of sertrlaine:

https://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/sertraline.html

I hope you are able to find the answers you need to be able to make the best decision for your family.

I am actually surprised she passed her psych eval if she is on zoloft. If she is on it for panic/anxiety then I am surprised they would give her the go ahead. You obviously have concerns for the side effects on the baby, but I would also be concerned for the surrogate. I think that is a red flag. Did she share this with the psychologist? I am sure you want to move forward but surrogacy is an emotional process. Wishing you all the best.

Hello to everyone.

Many thanks for your advices.

Let's study everything.

Thank yo once again.

BR

D