Daysha

Getting Started as an IP (con'd)

15 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I couldn't add to the first version of this thread for some reason so thought I'd start a new one. I wanted to thank everyone for the info in my last thread and close the loop and let everyone know that the hubs and I 'interviewed' four agencies (two in OR and two in ID) and we selected Host of Possibilities as our agency. Super comfortable with the choice as everyone I spoke to had really wonderful things to say about them. As I mentioned in the last post I hadn't gone through IVF yet so after much back and forth and waiting for medical records to be transferred my first appt is July 6...so double thanks to everyone who has remarked that this process is mostly going to be one that requires me to "hurry up and wait" LOL. 

I know the first appt will likely be more of a consultation than anything else but the hubs and I are super excited to get started. 

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

Hello!

What a positive update :)

I hope your agency can help with peace of mind and being mentally prepared for the steps involved. 

:patiencedust: 

Hello!

It looks fantastic!! We are working with AHOP also, we are International IPs and we are very happy of the good job they are doing with us. We are feeling very comfortable with Nicole and Mattie and they are helping us a lot and also our GC.

It is being a very good experience. Hope you have the same luck like us.

We are working with ICRM clinic and also they are doing a really great job!! We are so happy also.

keep in touch.

hugs

D&J

Thanks all. D&J how exciting to hear you're using AHOP as well and that you're having a good experience with Nicole and Mattie. Everyone that we've talked with that works with them speaks so highly of them. We're planning to work with a clinic in Seattle (where we live) so we hope we have a good experience with them too. Can I ask how long it took you to be matched? We actually looked at a profile from AHOP that we really (really) like and they're going to request her med records to be transferred to our clinic for approval, but I'm super curious about how the initial conversation goes. Did you like the first person you spoke with?

And beachalice, from your perspective how did you know when you were matched with the *right* couple? Was it mostly gut or something you were looking for specifically?

Hi Daysha! How thrilling to pick out an Agency that you feel that comfortable with. Good luck with your matching process.

When it came to my matching, it was mostly a gut feeling of comfort after lots of talking. We had the same core values and were looking for the same things in the journey (and the time after too). Look at it like finding a life partner (spouse). Lots of talking and asking questions and see how it goes. 

Hi Daysha.

We have been waiting for a long time, about 3 months until we finally found our GC. She is unbelievable. We were matched prior, last year with a women who also was wonderful but she didn't get medical clearance so we needed to start looking for another women from the beginning.

Now we can say we are the luckiest couple  in the world, as she is perfect, she got her medical clearance so quick and we did legal process so so quick also.

Now we have the transfer scheduled by July, 19 and we are so excited and happy about this.

I hope you will be matched soon as AHOP will work so hard to make this happen really soon.

We wish you lot of luck!!!

Please, let us know how your process is going.

All the luck for you and everyone.

D&J

1 person likes this

I'm excited for you!

I'll echo @@Sunrise that it's just a gut feeling. 

I was suggested a match at first that simply wasn't right for me. I couldn't say why. I couldn't explain it. They simply left me with that "do I have to??" feeling. My next match was the family for me. I loved everything about them and we talked like old friends our first time on the phone. 

It's a little like dating - or more like interviewing a full time nanny for your baby. If you think you'll have to get a nanny-cam just in case, then ask to be rematched. If you get that giddy feeling like you just got asked to the prom, go with it. 

:xoxo:

Let us know how it goes!! 

1 person likes this

Beachalice and Sunrise, thanks for that perspective. I suspected it was more like a gut feeling, but it's good to think about it the way you've suggested...like getting asked on a prom date :) Can't wait to share that example with the hubs LOL. @@Sunrise if it's not too personal, would you mind sharing what you mean by the 'after time'? In our case, as part of the application we had to think through whether or not we'd want to remain in contact - is that what you mean or something else? (In our case, we're thinking that the ideal case would be that our surrogate's family becomes like our extended family).

We're still in the process of waiting for her records to be transferred to my clinic and then waiting for medical clearance so it'll be a while before we have our first skype introduction but I'm being positive that it'll work out. I'm super glad this option is available to us but it seems like such a BIG ask...will you carry my baby. But I can't tell you how appreciative we are that there are women (and their families really) willing to give so much. 

D&J congrats on having your transfer scheduled... I can't imagine how exciting that must be. We're still so early that I think we probably won't have our transfer until some time in the fall (trying to be realistic). Right now, we're just watching the calendar go by and practicing being patient.

Hi @Daysh!

You hit the nail right on the head! I am talking about what happens for the rest of each families life after the delivery is done. With my situation, I've only seen the boys 3 times. It might have been more but we moved from NC to TX, so the distance makes it very difficult to go for a quick bite to eat. We are "friends" on FB so when they do post family pictures, I get to see those. So I'm treaded more like a distant relative and I'm fine with that. :)

Gotcha. That makes sense. Thank you :)

Sooooooooooooo excited!!!! We have our first surrogate 'interview' on Monday via Skype. Woohoo. On paper she seems completely amazing, and we're halfway to saying she's the one and we haven't even met yet. And by the way, can I say how weird that is? I never thought I'd be talking to people who might be interested in having a baby for me. Whew, what a crazy concept that I'm super thankful for at the moment. Anyway, will keep you posted on how it goes. :)

Happy Friday

That's so exciting!  Let us know how it goes :sunny:

Can't wait to hear how it went!!!

So everything has been going swimmingly :) We loved our surrogate; she's completely amazing. We text every couple days already and it seems like her whole community (family, friends, work) are all super excited. So we're moving forward and just waiting to schedule her medical clearance screen in early Sept likely.

I'm also scheduled to start IVF to make some baby embryos. My right ovary is beautiful but the left is a little shy unfortunately. Doc thinks that after stimulation it may be easier to find. Either way, we're definitely moving along. 

Hope everyone else is doing well on their respective journeys.

Great news!  Knowing what your next step will be is such a great place to be - even if it tests our patience :rolleyes:

:bestwishes: