Sign in to follow this  
beachalice

June updates?

beachalice    23

How is everyone doing?  Where are you in your surrogacy life?  Is anything going on in the rest of the world?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
beachalice    23

I am with a new agency and have received the profile of a potential family.  We're just waiting to get to know each other to confirm whether we are a match.  If everything goes smoothly, I'm guessing blindly that we'll work on clearance in July, contracts in August, and get a calendar for September-October transfer. :patiencedust:

Kiddos and I are taking a road trip later this month. 16 states in 8 days!  It'll mesh well with our homeschool study of history (settlers and pioneers) as well as geography.  They have to journal what they see each day so writing is covered.  We'll calculate miles and budgets for math. And I can tie in some science too as the land scenery changes from east coast to west coast :sunny:

beachalice    23

I had a phone chat with my potential IPs this morning. They seem fine.  We agree on the big stuff, which is most important. There are a few ~ideals~ of mine that will not be met with this match, but certainly no red flags.  I feel confident saying we won't be besties or anything after our journey, but I think we closely match on the important topics and will be able to have a smooth journey. 

They are leaving tomorrow for a 3-week vacation in Europe. Their clinic does not have a surrogate coordinator, and the nurse who typically processes intake forms is out on maternity leave. So... more hurry up and wait.  I may be able to get in for med screening in late July.

The IPs are in a super duper big hurry to have children, so I'm hoping for all our sakes that this process goes smoothly. Our agency seems to think if I get cleared medically in July that we can get through contracts in time for an August med start and hopefully transfer in September. A brief google search tells me their clinic likes to do a mock cycle so I'm mentally prepared for an October transfer if every step goes through "on time".