Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MelonTita

Researching Canada Options

3 posts in this topic

Hello!!! I'm new! :multi:

So this is our story: We are a couple that has been married for 7 years :wub: , we are researching countries where surrogacy is legal and budget friendly. I lost my uterus in may, while having a myomectomy that turned out for the worst, there was a 50% chance that the outcome was going to be negative and well....... This was my second myomectomy, attempting to improve my chances of getting pregnant.

So, this takes us to Canada,  we have a couple of days reading about it after we lost hope with Ukraine (because after lots of consultation there was no workaround with the fact that our country doesn't have an embassy there). 

Reading about Canada has generated a couple of questions:

1rst How many implantation attempts does a clinic generally include in one payment? I saw on one webpage that IVF cycles range from 10,000 to 20,000, but how many attempts on average?  

2nd I also read a line that said "Ontario has government funded IVF cycles", is that for everybody?  

3rd Is it possible that you can recommend a good fertility clinic in Ontario? (if this forum allows it)

That's it for now, we are still reading , Thank you! 

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!

1rst How many implantation attempts does a clinic generally include in one payment? I saw on one webpage that IVF cycles range from 10,000 to 20,000, but how many attempts on average?  

2nd I also read a line that said "Ontario has government funded IVF cycles", is that for everybody?  

3rd Is it possible that you can recommend a good fertility clinic in Ontario? (if this forum allows it)

#1~ It's just IVF transfers/attempts, not implantation. You transfer in IVF and hope that the embryo/s implant, but the reference would just be "transfers".  Depending on the clinic and if they offer programs that include more than one transfer, it's typically just one transfer that is included There are some that offer programs where it's a set # of transfers, such as 3 or 5. Rarely you'll see a clinic that will offer as many transfers w/in a set time frame (1yr, 2yrs, etc) or a timeframe until a successful pg. Unless you sign up for a multi-transfer program, you can assume it will just be for 1 transfer.

#2~ You would not qualify for ANY medical procedures because you are not a resident of Canada. *If* you were to use a surrogate that lives in Canada, SHE would be able to use their UHC for the pregnancy, but that's it. YOU are responsible for the IVF costs and it would be OOP. (out of pocket) I can tell you that 2 sets of my IP's used a clinic in Toronto, and even paying OOP for everything, it was about 1/3 the cost of a clinic in the US. We're talking between 5-9yrs ago though, so I'm sure costs have gone up some since then.

#3~ Markham Fertility Centre in Toronto w/Dr. Virro is my hands down fav. and choice for a recommendation. He's amazing (though not everyone's cup of tea...dry sense of humor, very straight forward and doesn't sugarcoat things) and has great stats. He's gotten my pg 3 times and was dead on right each transfer, w/whether it would be successful or not. Create is another clinic in the area that has good success rates. 

Your reply was super helpful! Thank you! I will call those clinics to find out more information