Sign in to follow this  
kaa

How much would you pay a private TS?

kaa    0

Wondering what kind of fee is normal to pay a surrogate mother who is donating her eggs? Single, gay man in Canada looking to become a father. Not going through an agency. Would very much appreciate some feedback.

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    200

Because you are in Canada, you are not legally able to pay compensation to a Canadian surrogate, even if she is using her eggs. You are only able to reimburse her whatever actual out of pocket expenses she has, and medical not covered, procedure costs, etc. If you are using a surrogate in the USA, then you would be able to compensate her. I've seen TS's here ask anywhere from $20-35K, though I'm sure there are TS's above and below this range.

PilotWings1    0

I've seen TS's here ask anywhere from $20-35K, though I'm sure there are TS's above and below this range.

>>How do you go about finding a TS in the US? 

Do you have to pay all the medical expenses in addition to the $35k?  The way the hospitals charge here, that could easily double if not triple the cost.

traci72    200

Place or answer ad's in the Classified's here or on SMO. Join matching groups on FB. Let family and friends know you're looking, there might be someone that would love to help you. 

And yes. You are financially responsible for everything. The surrogate's comp, lost wages, maternity clothes, all medical treatments/cycling leading up to an IVF transfer or IUI if a TS, child care, all medical care and insurance is she needs a surro-friendly policy, psych evals and med screening for both of you. All legal framework from contracts to parentage proceedings. (you are required/responsible for an attorney for yourself as well as a SEPARATE attorney for the surrogate). Any invasive procedures or testing done, U/S's, bed rest if required....and the list goes on. You are looking at at least $60-100+K for a surrogacy journey.

PilotWings1    0

Thanks!  I'll check out the classifieds section.

Are there any cases where the surrogates own insurance policy would cover their medical expenses?

traci72    200

Many surrogates have surro-friendly insurance and an additional policy would not be necessary. This would be something you would need to make known immediately, whether placing your own ad or when looking at ad's. If an ad doesn't specify, this would be one of the very 1st things you ask before trying to actually match.