D&J2017

2nd transfer

D&J2017    1

Hi everyone,

How are you all doing? Hope you will be fine.

Wanted to update that our GC is coming to the clinic today and will be doing an ultrasound and maybe a blood work, (this we are not sure yet), and we got her transfer calendar.

If everything looks good today, we will go on with it and our second transfer will be on August, 31st.

Regarding the next embryo, we have finally decided to transfer only one, we had a very good talk wit our DR and she encouraged us to go on with the plan so, we have planned to transfer 1 5dBB, this is not expanded, as it was that one on first attempt, but our DR says we have the same percentage than the first time, (about 65% pregnancy).

So that are our exciting updates, we are so so excited and nervous to try it next but keeping as calm and taking it easy as much as possible.

Does anyone know if there's something concerning about the fact that this embryo is nos "expanded"?

Our doctor told us not to worry about and we need to trust her but we would be very thanked if someone could tell us their experience or knowledge about this.

Many thanks and fingers crossed!!

d&j

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    200

How exciting!!! The 31st is literally around the corner. Keeping everything crossed for you! 

I'm also so glad to hear that you've decided to only transfer one. It may not seem like it w/all the what-if's that play through your mind, but it really is the most responsible and considerate option for your surrogate. As to the embryo not being expanded, that just means that it is growing slightly slower than the "avg", but does not mean that there is an issue. W/my 1st IP's, at day 3, the RE was recommending a specific embryo for transfer because it was growing "perfectly" and the other was "slow" and had not expanded as the RE had liked. By the time we got to transfer, the "slow" grower had progressed more than expected and ended up being the one that we transferred. The original "really good" one on day 3 ended up arresting before it could be frozen and the slow one is now 9yrs old! 

D&J2017    1

Hi Tracy,

Many thanks for your post and yay! 31st is so near now!, they confirmed us on Friday that finally we would keep the date so everything looked fine.

They told our GC to start estradiol injection on Saturday just to let her old lining go out completely, so she started it yesterday.

That was what our DR told us about the embryo:

"HB means hatching blast- the embryo is starting to hatch out of its shell. XB stands for expanded blast. Both XB and HB are equally good"

So we may were wrong when we posted that wasn't already expanded as our embryo was: 5dHBBB.

If so, just apologize for the misunderstanding.

So exciting that we restart with the process and keeping our fingers crossed this time it works and we this sticks.

Have a very nice day.

D&J

beachalice    21

Woohoo! :sticky-vibes:

Hatching is even better than expanded. Just like a bird hatches from an egg, this baby is ready to grow ♡ 

D&J2017    1

Really?

Looking forward this sticks this time, fingers crossed.

Does anyone know if we could have more possibilities as this embryo is HB?

Thank you so much

traci72    200

Alice is correct. An embryo "hatches" as it gets ready to implant into the uterine lining. I've seen more "non-hatching" blasts transferred than hatching, that have been really successful, but I get REALLY excited when I hear that it's already hatching. Super excited for you guys!!!

D&J2017    1

Wow!!

Let's wait until it will be thawed, hope it survives and yes that was what our DR said, we only knew it was a 5dHBBB

Well fingers crossed until the transfer and hope we will be lucky this time.

Hope this survive to the thaw!

d&j

miamoo1    18

Super exciting!!! Sending lots and lots of sticky vibes your way!

D&J2017    1

Thank you so much!

Fingers crossed this time it sticks.

Long waiting still for 31st but so happy.

traci72    200

15 more days!!!

mikey112    3

I just got caught up on this thread.  Im so excited for you guys!! Its coming up so soon!  This one that took was a hatched as well so I know you guys will have great luck with this.  :-)  Please keep us posted on the progress.  Sending sticky thoughts your way!!  :-) 

xo

D&J2017    1

Thanks Mikey,

Hope your process is going fine and your dreams getting closer.

Today she had her linning check and the clinic told us it was 14.5mm, thick and trilaminar!!

At first we thought it was too thick but they told us it was a great number so we are so happy.

let's see what happens this time, fingers crossed!

Have a nice day,

D&J

D&J2017    1

Hello to everyone, how are you all doing? Hope everything fine.

Mikey, is everything going fine? Think it is.

We had our transfer on 31st August, we could see it in live and it was amazing, so easy and quick but we felt so happy and loved stay with our GC during that process. Due to we are from Spain, we saw it by Skype but all iur DR helped us and explained us everything while doing...

Finally we transferred the hatched embryo, it survived to the thaw and our DR said it had a very good form and colour, she said it looked so nice.

Our GC lining was fine and her hormones was also good so everything went good.

Now we have to wait until September 11st for the pregnancy test and see if this time we got it!

We are so excited!!!

DR gave us 60/65% pregnancy and looked very positive.

Now is tlwhen nature has to do its part and our little embryo needs to stick into the lining so fingers crossed.

Our GC feels good, still taking it easy and getting relaxed and spending a good time with her family.

Fingers crossed this time we get it.

I will update you once I have more news.

Big hugs 

d&j