Lisa564

Pregnant in 41

Lisa564    0

Ladies, I am so glad to be posting here. I am new to this forum, but I hope for the warm welcome :wub:My sister is 41 and she decided to get pregnant (with a donor egg). What was the most difficult that you've experienced on your way to happiness? How is it to carry a child at this age? Or would it be better to find a surrogate mom? Can you share your success stories with me, pleaselaugh

I am worried and excited to become an aunt (I am 36 and I don't have my kids either). It is very much possible that I might do the same procedure soon, as I am getting married next mouths... So I am double anxious now. Need your support!

P.S. It's my first time using such forums, so hope that moderator approves my post

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
GSinIN    38

Many of the surrogates currently active are over 36!!!! I delivered my 9th in December and am about to be 36. And the parents that I have carried for have ranged from 39 to 56!!! So in my opinion, age alone is NOT a reason to pursue surrogacy. 

traci72    200

I delivered my last surrobabe at 44. Unless there is a medical reason why your sister cannot carry a pg, her age is not a factor in the actual carrying.

Lisa564    0

Wow, ladies, thanks for your support so much! Your stories bring me hope.

GSinIN, you were a surrogate mother yourself? What an experience and what a brave woman you are!

traci72    200
3 hours ago, Lisa564 said:

Wow, ladies, thanks for your support so much! Your stories bring me hope.

GSinIN, you were a surrogate mother yourself? What an experience and what a brave woman you are!

Yes, she was. (it's in her screen name as well as her signature) You'll see that most of us that have carried have that information in our signatures.

beachalice    21
55 minutes ago, traci72 said:

You'll see that most of us that have carried have that information in our signatures.

I remember not being able to see signatures until I had a certain number of posts.  But maybe the new technical update changed that requirement. 

beachalice    21

Lisa - congrats to your sister and congratulations on your upcoming marriage!  I hope everything goes smoothly for her.  

Your local doctors decide what procedures you might need throughout pregnancy based on your own medical records. Typically, pregnancies using egg donors are more healthy for an older woman due to the health of a younger egg.  But the health of mother or gestational carrier can change at any time, so working with a competent midwife or obstetrician is the most important factor in all pregnancies. 

miamoo1    18

I delivered my first and only surrobabe last September at 44. Age is only one factor of many. Congrats to your sister and all the best to you too!!

traci72    200
7 hours ago, beachalice said:

I remember not being able to see signatures until I had a certain number of posts.  But maybe the new technical update changed that requirement. 

I thought that the upgrade did change that, but maybe not?? My bad.

alicemiller    0

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too, so hello everyone. I'm Alice.

Congratulations to your sister and for you also for such a good decision. It must be exciting to live the whole process so closely.
  I'm looking for information on donor eggs. Has anyone ever been through that? Or have some kind of information that can help me.

Lisa564    0

Thank you, girlies! For the congratulations and for your support! I really haven't noticed the signatures before. Maybe because I was not that much attentive, as I am new to this kind of forum talks.

So, you say that age is not the main indicator? I know it's been a taboo in many societies to give a birth after 30. And even with all those advanced technologies we still think the female body is too weak or not smart enough... Thanks for proving the opposite!

traci72    200

I don't know what societies it's taboo in, but it's not uncommon or taboo in the US, Canada or the UK. I've seen more over 40 pg ladies in those areas in the last 10+yrs to offer evidence to the contrary. 

Lisa564    0

I have a Caucasian origin. So even being born in the US we still have relatives in Armenia or Armenian-Americans, who rumor about us, staying without husband and children till this age. The social pressure in many countries is very strong. You are lucky if you have never experience that, living in the US. But it is also true that the situation is changing. I am glad that we do not have to get married in our 20th anymore, as my mom had to do. Actually, in her 23 she was already considered pretty old to get married. Life changes, thanks God

ressia    0

Hello, my friend had her 3rd successful surrobabe at 45. The children are doing well now. They have a happy family. I think everything will go smoothly in you sister's case as long as she stays healthy. Congratulations in advance to your wedding.