beachalice    23

My IPs want to delay contracts for about a month due to moving. They're looking to buy a house in the same metro area, definitely same state. 

I asked them to please consider looking through the first draft. By the time they perfect their requests and I have my turn with the contract, maybe they'll be getting near closing on their new home so that the new address can make it in the contract without delaying the whole process. 

Was that rude of me?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

Not rude at all!! I think that makes total sense. There could be wording or just any little thing they want tweaked and if they can look at the draft now, I think it could help them be a bit more timely for you to see it, and by the time they've bought the house, it could be done and ready to be just signed. There still might be a slight delay, but it wouldn't be as long. Instead of a month or more, it might only delay things a couple of weeks.

beachalice    23

Out of *pure* curiosity, how badly is the contract affected if the IPs have a new address within the same city?  Surely they are not the first people to move mid surrogacy.  In fact, the IPs that the first agency matched me with first had plans for an international move mid pregnancy if everything had worked out for them. 

I understand and respect my IPs' decision.  This is their baby and they have to go about this process in a manner that makes sense to them, especially since this is a planned move. For educational purposes, do contracts even need to be amended if they have a different street address in the same city?  Would an attorney charge significantly for that type of modification?

traci72    202

Just changing the address is easy. I know in my contracts, for either party, if there was a change in address (w/in same area/in same state) we were required to notify the attorneys, agency and each other in writing w/in so many days, and that was it. It would have been a single page added to the contract listing an address correction.

beachalice    23

That makes sense. Everything else is still the same. 

I imagine there may be many more considerations when a change in state or nation is involved. 

beachalice    23

IPs have a contract on a house. They want to get through inspection and due diligence. If they get a closing date, we'll start contracts. 

Sooo close!!!

traci72    202

Great news!

beachalice    23

Inspection complete!  If the report comes back positive, we can begin legal.  Like a hint of fall on these 80 degree GA days :sunny: I can almost imagine transfer will be soon. 

traci72    202

That's so great! And please feel free to send me your 80 degree days...we're having more and more in the 60's and I'm not happy about it!!

beachalice    23

I am willing to send you some warm weather, but only if I can keep it too. We don't need to rush fall here... Weather is perfect right now as is ;)

• Like 1

beachalice    23

Due diligence is complete - closing day is set AND LAWYERS HAVE RETAINER.  
Let's do this contract!!

:woohoo::contracts:

traci72    202

:woohoo::banana::clap::woofreakinhoo:

itsonlyk    65

ABOUT TIME! lol I feel like you have been waiting, waiting, waiting SO LONG.  Let's get this show on the road already!  I imagine if I feel that it's been so long - you must feel like this has taken forever.  

beachalice    23

YAY!  :thanx:

I started signing up for agencies about a year ago... so yeah.  It's been a long year, but I feel totally prepared. 

IPs received their draft of the contract today and approved.  They sent it back via email this evening, and their attorney said she'd send it to my attorney same day that she received it so that means TOMORROW for me!  I'm thinking it was a copy/paste of another contract because the lawyers just got their retainer 2 business days ago and we're in the middle of a hurricane/ tropical storm.  :writing: :dontknowsmilie: