Sign in to follow this  
beachalice

More in my small town?

beachalice    24

I live in a small town in Georgia. Population of about 16,000. The surrounding county has about 55,000 total including our town, but it just feels small to me. 

When I saw my gyno last summer to ask her opinion of surrogacy, she said I was the second in her office. :wow: She worked with a surrogate from my previous agency in 2016 and helped set up policy for our local hospital. 

Awesome!

I told my chiropractor yesterday that I'm hoping to carry soon - just to see if there are any strength or stretch exercises I should be doing at this time for my body. He said I would be his third. That's so cool!

We're not too far from Atlanta and surrogacy has been around for a while. I guess like-minded people have found the same practitioners as me :) 

• Like 1

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
beachalice    24

Dental cleaning today. The kiddos were in the waiting room so I shared with the dentist that I wanted to definitely take care of anything preventative as I have a IVF pregnancy planned for next month. (Even of transfer is October or November, whatever). 

His daughter was a surrogate too! She carried twin boys for a couple in New Jersey last year. She lives in the Atlanta suburbs and delivered at an Atlanta area hospital, but it's still so neat to find local connections. 

traci72    202

I tell you, surrogacy is a small world!!

adoubleux57    8

That's so amazing beachalice! I live in a town with close to 1 million people and when I first started surrogacy and would talk about it with people and doctors, it was like talking about bigfoot, like they have never met a surrogate, even the hospital I delivered at, all the nurses and doctors I saw have never met a surrogate or delivered a surrogate baby, I thought for sure I would find a few here!

I am very happy though that you have found experienced physicians to go through this journey with!