Sign in to follow this  
mikey112

Gift for RE

mikey112    3

I am not sure what topic this would fall under so hopefully you don't mind it here....

I am looking for a bit of advice.   I want to get our RE a small gift to give her at our graduation ultrasound next week as a "thank you for putting up with all our craziness and millions of questions".  Like a token of our appreciation sort of thing.  The things I DO know about her in terms of her personal life,  don't really lend themselves well to coming up with a good gift idea, so just curious if you all might have some fun/cute/creative ideas?  I could always do some flowers or an office plant but I feel like maybe thats a bit too blah?   

Thanks! :-D 

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
beachalice    24

Did you get all the billing issues figured out??

I think a gift for the RE is a beautiful gesture. In this case, it's a token of appreciation. Someone who goes out of their way to personally run an errand for you is a different scenario than someone who uses best protocol in her daily line of work to help make decisions with you. Know what I mean? I don't think a token of appreciation in this case needs to be a personal WOW item. 

What about potted lilies as a symbol of fertility? Or bamboo as a symbol of flexibility and growth? I definitely think it's the thought that counts here more than the actual item. 

~~so excited for you~~

mikey112    3

Thanks beachalice!!  We sort of figured it out.  In the end nobody really came out getting what they wanted but fortunately our RE, who is new to the clinic, came in a little after all that so she wasn't even privy to that drama.    I am so on cloud 9 about everything else going on that I completely forgot about all the bad stuff haha.  

Thank you for those suggestions!  I do feel like our RE has gone out of her way for us on a few occasions.  She actually gave us her personal cell phone number to call her day or night, and has even called us on weekends or her days off just to talk and check in to make sure everyone was doing well. She knew we were a bit traumatized from the 6 week loss the first time so she wanted to hold our hands for this round.   The previous RE never would have done that- we go so lucky.  

Lilies do sound appropriate and fitting for the situation though! I think ill probably go with something like that.   Thanks again for the recommendations! :-D 

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!! 

beachalice    24

I couldn't be happier for y'all! :wub: :cloud9: 

I can't wait for the next photo/ update on your BABY GIRL!!! :storkgirl: