Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
itsonlyk    65

Yes hello!  I have been trying to keep my butt busy so I haven't been online much but I'm popping on now to check on everyone! :)  I'm finally in the third trimester, and I failed my one hour glucose test.  I'm devastated, I just felt something is off - and then the results came back at 156.  I will go tomorrow for the 3 hour.  I've never had to do the three hour test before and I'm absolutely dreading it.  For someone who has been poked so many times by so many needles over 2 surrogate pregnancies now - I HATE NEEDLES lol  Four blood draws in 3 hours just horrifies me, but more than that... the idea of gestational diabetes.  Ugh . It will seal the deal on this being my absolute last journey if that's the case, and I'm kind of sad about it.  Not that at this point I ever want to be pregnant again (I always feel this way about this far along,) but ya know how it is when you can't have something and that's that lol  Finality is crap.  I'm going to end this rant now and check up on everyone , but if you're reading this please cross your fingers, toes and eyes that by some MIRACLE I do pass the 3 hour GTT.  

beachalice    23

Eww yuck! :(

How have you been feeling otherwise?  Is this pregnancy progressing the same as your others or have you been more tired/ nauseous? 

Everything crossed for you that everything will go smoothly tomorrow!!

traci72    202

Ugh, I'm so sorry you have to go in tomorrow. Crossing everything I can and sending low # vibes your way!! I know it's gotta be frustrating for you. I do hope that everything else is going well for you. I can't believe you're already in the 3rd tri!! It's funny how it's just flying by for me....heehee. You're doing a great job though, and I'm so happy you popped in to update us!

itsonlyk    65

Probably two days til results?  It was miserable lol I couldn't sleep half the night worrying over it, but now I'm just glad it's over.  I'm holding on to a little hope that the results come back normal.  Thank you both for your well wishes and finger crosses :)

I've been feeling fine, but I have felt that my belly is bigger than normal at this point in the pregnancy and it just felt off to me.  My weight gain is right on within a pound or two of where I normally fall but it just felt like ... off.  Hard to explain I guess?   I guess I'll hope it was just a fluke, maybe just stress elevated the one hour..  it happens right? ;)  

beachalice    23

Oh yes.  Stress definitely throws off your blood sugar.  It's that flight or fight syndrome.  If you have any type of adrenaline rush, your pancreas basically shuts down for a bit to make sure your blood flow is in your arms and legs rather than in your stomach and intestines. 

Fingers crossed for you that the 3-hour results are exactly where you need them!!

• Like 1

traci72    202

:multi::congrats::dancingdots::woofreakinhoo:

That is AWESOME to hear!!! What a relief and load off of your shoulders. One less thing for you to have to stress about now. I'm so, so happy you passed!!