Sign in to follow this  
PilotWings1

Is surrogacy legal in Puerto Rico?

PilotWings1    0

Is surrogacy legal in Puerto Rico?  (Puerto Rico is part of the US so this is not an international topic).

With the recent weather related disasters there I'd like to help out.

Edited by PilotWings1

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

Forgive me for being rather harsh, but are you seriously even going to ask or try to consider that in the wake of the hurricane that almost obliterated the entire island? Where the officials there have clearly stated that Hurricane Maria set the entire island back DECADES....literally 20-30 YEARS they are stating??? Where their OWN DOCTORS are telling people if they can afford it and need medical care, to get on a plane and abandon the island???

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/video/puerto-rico-hospitals-in-dire-shape?pl=pl-the-ari-effect

To even think of trying to go to Puerto Rico after all they will be dealing w/for many, many years to come, is just unbelievable. 

traci72    202
PilotWings1    0

Yes, unlike others I'm not advocated abandoning the island.

Why wait 20-30 years when you can support the medical community there now?

I can also bring suit cases full of supplies to donate there.

I'm also a member of a non-for profit home building organization, and can arrange a group to go with me to fix many of the damaged houses there.

So, yes, I'm very serious about it.

traci72    202

The level of ego, self-importance and callous disregard for the dire situation to PR and any potential child has reached levels of which I never thought I would see. I don't get shocked very easily at all, but you have certainly manged to do so. I'm appalled at what I just read.

Babz    38

If you want to help Puerto Rico, then I applaud you. I have no idea how that's relevant to surrogacy at all, but it would be amazing if more people stepped up to help them repair and rebuild. 

PilotWings1    0

It doesn't, I just asked if it was legal there, then my thread was hijacked by someone who apparently thinks if you don't want to pay $100-150k+, preferably to a sponsor, then you're trying to take advantage of women.  But hey, on the other hand if you want to violate the law in Canada and pay a surrogate well over the federal mandated limit of basic expenses there, that's totally fine.

Babz    38

I think that you're question of the legality of surrogacy in Puerto Rico, paired with the statement that you want to help them recover in the hurricane aftermath somehow implies that you think surrogacy is a way to help. 

PilotWings1    0

How is helping someone who wants to earn extra money in Puerto Rico different than helping someone who wants to earn extra money in the United States?  (Keeping in mind the fact that most surrogates in the US want astronomical amounts for their services).

traci72    202
8 hours ago, PilotWings1 said:

It doesn't, I just asked if it was legal there, then my thread was hijacked by someone who apparently thinks if you don't want to pay $100-150k+, preferably to a sponsor, then you're trying to take advantage of women.  But hey, on the other hand if you want to violate the law in Canada and pay a surrogate well over the federal mandated limit of basic expenses there, that's totally fine.

Really? And where exactly did this happen?? I'd LOVE to see "who hijacked" your thread and made that statement. Please enlighten me.