Sign in to follow this  
PilotWings1

Which states allow a PBO for TS?

PilotWings1    0

Which states allow a PBO for TS?

From my research is seems like most states do not and the TS has an option to keep the child AND make you pay child support, since the baby is biologically hers.

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
Babz    38

None, as far as I'm aware. As the surrogate is the biological mother, she would need to voluntarily give up her rights to the child after its born during the adoption process. This is why TS is so sketchy and why a lot of people won't facilitate it. 

Babz    38

Do you understand what it means to be a biological mother? 

PilotWings1    0

Yes, but biological mother as a surrogate is different.  You have a prearranged agreement for custody of the child.

And the main difference between the two types of surrogates is cost.  If you go for a GS, and it takes 5 IVF cycles, you can be looking at any extra 4x$30,000, more if an egg donor is needed.

Babz    38

If a woman is a traditional surrogate, the parentage process where her rights to the child are terminated will always be an adoption. Always. 

beachalice    23
3 hours ago, PilotWings1 said:

If you go for a GS, and it takes 5 IVF cycles, you can be looking at any extra 4x$30,000, more if an egg donor is needed.

I don't think that cost is accurate. 

It may cost around $30k for one cycle of IVF including freezing the extra embryos. You might end up a little higher depending on clinic fees for evaluation of your donor and surrogate. 

But most clinics have a very high pregnancy success rate when using donor eggs and a surrogate. 1-2 attempts is likely all that is needed. And each transfer after the initial IVF cycle to create embryos is only maybe $3500-5000 - not an additional $30k each time. 

You can reduce costs by finding out what medications each clinic recommends then calling around to price shop pharmacies. It may sound outrageous to price shop, but my total cost of medications as a surrogate was $171. Of our first transfer is successful, I'll need about 5 more weeks worth of progesterone based on what I already have in my possession. 

Edited by beachalice

traci72    202