Sign in to follow this  
Guest Birthmomtoo4andmommytoo2

Mental health?? Being a surrogate possible?

Is it possible to become a surrogate if you have mental health issues? I am really fertile and have 4 live children and I have given two up for adoption and would like to help others have a family they dream of too but,Idk if it's even possible for me to do this after some reading I've did. Just wondering if it's even possible? 

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

You really haven't provided any information to go on, but in general, no. #1 your fertility has zero to do w/anything related to surrogacy, so it doesn't matter if you feel you are fertile or not. #2 are you raising your children? You mention you put 2 up for adoption, so is that 6 live births but only raising 4 children? If that is the case, they would look into why you put 2 up for adoption as well as that the RE's/clinic's do limit the number of births. If it was 6 live births, the majority of RE's would say no based just on that. 

Depending on the mental health issue and if you are on med's for it, that would more determine a yes/no answer. If you're on med's, no. You should be off med's for 6mos-1yr typically, but again, depending on what the condition is, chances are that it's going to be a no.