beachalice

beachalice update

beachalice    23

Ultrasound from Friday got bumped to this AM. 

We saw a dancing little gummy bear :banana::situp:with a good heart rate. I swear Baby was doing jumping jacks and toe touches.  The little one is still measuring 2 days ahead. 

The SCH is the same size but the composition looks more clotty. The SCH is more beside baby than above and has room to bleed out if need be.  RE said she's not concerned anymore. 2 more weeks of meds, and I'm released to OB care. 

IM and I picked a new OB near a hospital that is in network (for the moment :theeye:). We have an interview appointment scheduled for Wednesday to discuss their protocols and see if they're a good fit for us. The practice rotates through all practitioners including 5 CNM midwives.  

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
beachalice    23

I’m on my phone so I hope this doesn’t post huge. 

IM made a collage of 2 u/s photos showing how the SCH is changing in appearance. 

You can see the yolk sac and tadpole-baby in the 6 week image, but Baby was cropped out of the 8 week image. 

782C0771-1F4B-4802-8A2B-57E74FEF3F25.jpeg

traci72    202

Great update!!! It looks like it's trying to start resolve itself, which would be great! It's nice to hear that it's next to baby and not above baby or behind the placenta. I'm betting it will be completely or almost completely, resolved by the next U/S. 

Glad to hear about the provider update as well. Fingers crossed this place will be a good fit for you!!

beachalice    23

We had an interview today with a new OB group in Atlanta.  I wasn't examined at all - just a chat session to see if they'd be a good fit. 

:love:D it!!!!

This practice is experienced with surrogacy so it will be no problem to handle records and parent access, etc. The IPs are welcome at all appointments, or I may video/ record the appointment for them if they have to miss it.  :clap:

The practice has 6 midwives and 4 OB.  I'll see all the midwives in rotation, and one will be present at birth; they don't share with any other practices.  I'll see the OBs or be referred for NST or BPP only if baby needs a little extra support. Total midwifery model of care all the way.  No need for induction unless I'm past 42 weeks or if a BPP indicates a change in health. No elective induction even if the IPs beg for one.  Unmedicated delivery is supported in a number of ways.  

The practice was just so warm and positive and friendly.  We spoke with 5 staff members from check in to check out, and they were all so excited for my IM.  No gushing over me at all, which I appreciate. :wub: 

They did refer me to a MFM so we can follow up on the SCH.  They only do the 20-week anatomy scan in office, and sometimes a confirmation scan if women are unsure of dates.  Their machine isn't strong enough to properly monitor the SCH.  So I'll receive parallel care (usually same day appointments) between the MFM and the midwives until the SCH is cleared. 

:cloud9: 

:woohoo: