beachalice

beachalice update

beachalice    24

Ultrasound from Friday got bumped to this AM. 

We saw a dancing little gummy bear :banana::situp:with a good heart rate. I swear Baby was doing jumping jacks and toe touches.  The little one is still measuring 2 days ahead. 

The SCH is the same size but the composition looks more clotty. The SCH is more beside baby than above and has room to bleed out if need be.  RE said she's not concerned anymore. 2 more weeks of meds, and I'm released to OB care. 

IM and I picked a new OB near a hospital that is in network (for the moment :theeye:). We have an interview appointment scheduled for Wednesday to discuss their protocols and see if they're a good fit for us. The practice rotates through all practitioners including 5 CNM midwives.  

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
beachalice    24

I’m on my phone so I hope this doesn’t post huge. 

IM made a collage of 2 u/s photos showing how the SCH is changing in appearance. 

You can see the yolk sac and tadpole-baby in the 6 week image, but Baby was cropped out of the 8 week image. 

782C0771-1F4B-4802-8A2B-57E74FEF3F25.jpeg

traci72    202

Great update!!! It looks like it's trying to start resolve itself, which would be great! It's nice to hear that it's next to baby and not above baby or behind the placenta. I'm betting it will be completely or almost completely, resolved by the next U/S. 

Glad to hear about the provider update as well. Fingers crossed this place will be a good fit for you!!

beachalice    24

We had an interview today with a new OB group in Atlanta.  I wasn't examined at all - just a chat session to see if they'd be a good fit. 

:love:D it!!!!

This practice is experienced with surrogacy so it will be no problem to handle records and parent access, etc. The IPs are welcome at all appointments, or I may video/ record the appointment for them if they have to miss it.  :clap:

The practice has 6 midwives and 4 OB.  I'll see all the midwives in rotation, and one will be present at birth; they don't share with any other practices.  I'll see the OBs or be referred for NST or BPP only if baby needs a little extra support. Total midwifery model of care all the way.  No need for induction unless I'm past 42 weeks or if a BPP indicates a change in health. No elective induction even if the IPs beg for one.  Unmedicated delivery is supported in a number of ways.  

The practice was just so warm and positive and friendly.  We spoke with 5 staff members from check in to check out, and they were all so excited for my IM.  No gushing over me at all, which I appreciate. :wub: 

They did refer me to a MFM so we can follow up on the SCH.  They only do the 20-week anatomy scan in office, and sometimes a confirmation scan if women are unsure of dates.  Their machine isn't strong enough to properly monitor the SCH.  So I'll receive parallel care (usually same day appointments) between the MFM and the midwives until the SCH is cleared. 

:cloud9: 

:woohoo:

adoubleux57    8

I'm late to the party, as usual! I'm so happy to hear your updates, it sounds like everything is going well! I wish for our journey that the IPs or at least the IM and I were able to go meet with the staff, we tried several times but it never worked out, but in the end it all worked out perfectly and the staff was amazing and supportive. Do your IPs live close by? SO amazing that it seems like they're able to go to almost all the appointments! How are things going now? Hows the SCH?

beachalice    24

Thanks for checking in :)

I live about 90 minutes from IPs, and we picked a provider and hospital in the middle.  I'll be moving to the area in January. 

Ultrasound tomorrow to check on the SCH.  It's been 4 weeks since last scan. I feel much different, so fingers crossed.  I really really REALLY want to get back to my exercise routines and normal daily life if possible. 

beachalice    24

I saw the MFM today and was able to FaceTime with the IM while she was out of state for a family emergency. 

12 weeks tomorrow. 

Baby measuring on target. 

SCH is still there. The MFM said to not worry about the numbers because it doesn't change the outcome.  The SCH appears coagulated.  No blood blow in the area.  Continue pelvic rest and no exercise or straining of any form or anything that raises heart rate. 

I forgot to ask about baths... but I can't really fit in my kids' bathtub anyway so I'll skip baths for now. 

OB next week; follow up with MFM in 6 weeks. 

beachalice    24

13 week appointment with the midwives today.

I'm measuring 15 weeks and already having BH ctx. My uterus likes to be nice and toned for fast labors :rolleyes:

IPs elected to do NIPT testing so we should have the results next week. 

Onward to 2nd trimester!

beachalice    24

Sorry - I used abbreviations and I forget that we have members from around the world.  BH ctx = Braxton-Hicks contractions.  They're little practice contractions that do not hurt the baby or start labor.  It's like doing bicep curls at the gym.   They can sometimes be triggered by dehydration, but I drink about 80-100oz (2.5 - 3 liters) of water per day so the Braxton Hicks are simply my uterus trying to tone up for labor and birth in June. 

Merry Christmas to you @D&J2017!  How is your baby doing?

D&J2017    1

Thank you!

We are doing fine, today we are 18W3D and everything is looking good, the belly is starting bumping up but our GC is not gaining so much weight, (it looks all of her pregnancies have been like that so we are not concerned at all), but would love to see if someone else has had that. In fact she is still with morning sickness, nausea and so on so that’s why she is not gaining so much weight.

We have our mid pregnancy US on January, 4th and we are so excited about that, fingers crossed everything goes fine.

We had PGS to the embryos so hopefully everything will be good.

What about you all? How are your process going?

Hugs

d&j

beachalice    24
1 hour ago, D&J2017 said:

today we are 18W3D and everything is looking good, the belly is starting bumping up but our GC is not gaining so much weight

That sounds completely normal to me.  Some women gain a lot in pregnancy, and some women do not.  As long as the OB is pleased with her health and your baby is growing well, that's all that matters! 

Pregnancy is similar to trying a new diet or going to the gym.  Each person is different, and the exact same routine will have different results for different people. 

Hopefully your GC starts to feel better so she can enjoy some holiday meals with her family :wub: 

beachalice    24

The IPs asked for the Panorama test at 14 weeks - one healthy little boy :storkboy: with minimal risk of trisomy!

After 2 months of bleeding :af:, the SCH finally tapered down to spotting at 16 weeks. 

At my 17 week check up with midwife, I was measuring 2 weeks ahead and baby's heart rate was good. 

18 week ultrasound with the MFM and the SCH is completely gone so I'm finally off restriction.  I had hired a housekeeper to come twice a week so I gave her a week notice that I'd be able to handle my own house now. Baby Boy is measuring 1-2 weeks ahead in various spots and is estimated at 9oz now. 

The MFM recommends a routine echocardiogram  :hb: for all IVF patients, so that is scheduled for February. 

I'm pleased so far with the midwives, and I have an interview tomorrow with a doula. :wub: 

My IM has been able to make it to one appointment.  I video call her for all the other appointments, and send her any baby development news from the Ovia app to try to keep her included. 

I'm moving to a new city hopefully next weekend.  I'll be much closer to the IPs and within 5 miles of a top notch hospital.  I'm looking forward to this new chapter, and I'll try to not overdo it with moving now that I'm off physical restrictions.