Julius72

Exam and report

Julius72    0

Hy,

I'm a IP and next 6 Nov our MS (California) will be a first ultrasound for checing if all is going good with pregnancy. I will ask to doctors, and also MS, to have and send to us all records (and possibility to have a photo) of that U/S.

Have you sound outthere if there is some impediments about this request?

Edited by Julius72

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
itsonlyk    65

This is a normal request I believe for many IPs.  It's very likely that your surrogate will provide you with all the information that you need after her appointment if you have good open lines of communication, and share any photos with you that she is able.  However - it's also possible for her to add your name to the HIPAA release form at her OB office so you can communicate directly with the physicians and nurses.  I expect it would be EASIEST and better for your relationship though if you were able to speak about the appointment with your carrier.  Best wishes

beachalice    23

I agree.  It is our job as surrogates to communicate everything with you. 

Depending on your time difference and access to technology, you might be able to be on a video call through FaceTime or Skype or other video chat during the appointment. 

Hopefully she can get lots of photos and a video for you!  :wub: 

Julius72    0

Sure. With our surrogate we have a beautiful relationship and she appreciates that we, though far away, want to be involved throughout the journey. Of course, technology helps us with this, with Skype or the simple video or photo makes us look much near. But we would not want to invade a territory of privacy.

We will ask you soon, and also our contact with the clinic that follows us if you can meet our requests.

Who ask for HIPAA?

beachalice    23

The HIPAA is the USA legislation for privacy regarding medical records. You should have access to everything with the fertility clinic you are using. Your surrogate will also need to sign a HIPAA form with each doctor she sees. The form will ask who can have access to her records. That would be her opportunity to state that you may access her files with regard to this pregnancy. 

I don’t know your surrogate, but I would be very very surprised if she thought the ultrasound was an invasion of privacy. I think she will be happy to get all the photos and videos possible for you. 

However, some doctor offices don’t allow videos of the ultrasound in case there was something wrong that they didn’t notice. They don’t want another doctor able to see the video and say there was a mistake. 

Most offices offer free prints of clear images from the ultrasound. I’m sure your surrogate will be happy to get at least the prints for you!

Edited by beachalice

Julius72    0
On 26/10/2017 at 4:17 AM, beachalice said:

The HIPAA is the USA legislation for privacy regarding medical records. You should have access to everything with the fertility clinic you are using. Your surrogate will also need to sign a HIPAA form with each doctor she sees. The form will ask who can have access to her records. That would be her opportunity to state that you may access her files with regard to this pregnancy. 

I don’t know your surrogate, but I would be very very surprised if she thought the ultrasound was an invasion of privacy. I think she will be happy to get all the photos and videos possible for you. 

However, some doctor offices don’t allow videos of the ultrasound in case there was something wrong that they didn’t notice. They don’t want another doctor able to see the video and say there was a mistake. 

Most offices offer free prints of clear images from the ultrasound. I’m sure your surrogate will be happy to get at least the prints for you!

Thanks you so much. Our MS it's very collaborative and like that us we want to be involved in all aspect of this journey. So her husband will take some photo and video before the report, waiting to have access in medical records.

Julius72    0

Hy All,

we had a U/S last Tuesday and was positive. We tramsferred two enbvryous and the doctor see only one sac. Unfortunatly the doctor doesn't see the HB. For this check was planned another U/S next 20 Nov.

We are very very very hapy and the surrogate too. We are on path.