Royche

what are big no for GC?

Royche    5

I’m friends with this couple who have 3 incredible kids, and they desperately want to have a 4th. However, my friend can no longer have kids due to her health risks.

She went to a surrogate agency that told her that she won’t be able to find a surrogate who would want to have a child for her because my friend already has 3 kids.. is this true? I was flabbergasted to hear this. 

Is this true?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
beachalice    23

Nope.  Def not true. :( She needs a new agency.  

It might take a little while to find the perfect match. But there's someone for everyone. Some surrogates are particular to married couples or singles or religious or non-political or traditional or first timers or international or .....  And that includes some surrogates who prefer to carry for families who already have children. Some surrogates really don't have a preference of ideal family at all.  

There's someone for everyone.  Just a matter of finding them. 

traci72    202

Not sure what that agency's issue is w/someone that already has children, but they are off base. I've known quite a few surrogates that have carried for IP's that have had several children. Just because one has a child...or several...does not mean that they are any less deserving of having another one. (or 2 or 3...!!) There are some surrogates that prefer to work w/couples that have already had children as they feel they understand more about the pg, etc. I agree w/Beachalice and they should talk to another agency.

Royche    5

That’s exactly what I thought, on top of that they told her that she had to pay the whole $100,000 upfront!!! I couldn’t believe it! I told her to run!

beachalice    23
1 hour ago, Royche said:

pay the whole $100,000 upfront!!! 

:omg:

That's a hard NO!
I'm so glad you can give her some pointers of how it can be with the right agency/ match.