Sign in to follow this  
JennyLou

(Almost) 12 week update

JennyLou    2

Can't believe I'm getting ready to move to the 2nd trimester!  I have had an ob appointment and am scheduled for an ultrasound/claratest and prenatal bloodwork tomorrow.  Our OB said he wanted to check for placental development prior to stopping meds (which is suppose to happen on Friday!)  

Fingers crossed that the claratest comes back good and we can all breathe a sigh of relief.  I have never had this new test but am told it can determine the sex of the baby so we will be finding that out along with any genetic issues (praying none!) 

Hope Thanksgiving was great for everyone and I will update again when I know more.  :)

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
beachalice    24

Congrats!  That's so exciting!

I keep hearing more and more of surrogates getting tested before/when stopping meds.  I was told to quit cold turkey at 10 weeks.  When I asked the RE for an order to check progesterone levels and offered to pay out of pocket at my local lab, she said it was up to the OB to determine whether the pregnancy was progressing.  When I asked the OB for a lab order to check progesterone, she said she knows nothing about fertility meds but I could be referred to a MFM if I was concerned. I'm done with meds and started spotting 2 days later, but the OB and RE say it's probably the SCH. Waiting now for MFM appointment in 2 weeks. :dontknowsmilie:

You should hear the results of the ClariTest within a week. Yay!  Are you thinking maybe boy or girl?? 

JennyLou    2

5a206719a51bf_us11-29-17.thumb.jpg.3034f980fd55cd5e9f729d5f44222cc0.jpgSo the ultrasound was quite uneventful.  Baby had a heart rate of 163 -- which kind of contradicts what I have been feeling which is boy.  Guess we will find out in a week or so.  The placenta is there so I guess I'm good to quit PIO tomorrow :woofreakinhoo: 
I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and I'm not scared about quitting meds as I have quit earlier but usually right around this time.  If the RE thought it was a good time, I trust that.  I am so ready to be done with it.  I'm feeling good but soooo tired.  I don't remember being this tired but maybe it's because my age is creeping up there.  I mean I can get a full 8 hours and still nap 2-3 hours a day.  I've attached one of the photos from yesterday :) 

Beachalice - can't wait to hear about how things are going with you -- and just FYI, I spotted around the 10-12 week mark with a few of my pregnancies as well.  When I had the twins I passed HUGE clots (that I thought were the twins) and then had to wait 2 weeks to find out what happened.  Hang tight!!!!

Edited by JennyLou
Edit photo to remove personal info

adoubleux57    8

I'm with beachalice, predicting a girl too!! Congrats on making it to the 2nd trimester! I completely feel you with the fatigue! With this last pregnancy my husband was amazed that i could get a solid 9 hours of sleep at night and still take a 4 hour nap during the day! But in the end, it helped me grow a NINE pound baby boy! Very excited to keep following your journey!

JennyLou    2

I know it's been forever since I posted but wanted to let you all know that   :glit_itsaboy:  My feelings/cravings were correct :)  
I'm cruising along in the 2nd trimester - I'm 17w4d and feeling this little guy moving daily (just not regularly).  I had a terrible virus for 12+ days so my appetite is just returning as well as normal breathing.  I have my big ultrasound on the 25th it will be a level 2 US due to "advanced maternal age" -- or as I told the US scheduler "because I'm old" hahahaha  :rofl: Thanks so much for your support even if I don't post much.  

traci72    202

Congrats on it being a :storkboy:!!! This pg is flying by...at least for me. LOL! What a great update and I hope you post again after this next U/S. And an FYI, if it makes you feel any better, I was classified as "geriatric"!!

texasmom    0
7 hours ago, traci72 said:

Congrats on it being a :storkboy:!!! This pg is flying by...at least for me. LOL! What a great update and I hope you post again after this next U/S. And an FYI, if it makes you feel any better, I was classified as "geriatric"!!

OMG "geriatric"??? That's outrageous :rolleyes:

traci72    202

Sorry, I was classified as "elderly", cause that sounds SOOOOO much better!!! LOL! My Dr said that the software that this health system uses automatically inserts the labels based on DOB and it wasn't her that entered it. Here's how it appears in my records....

Supervision of elderly multigravida