Sign in to follow this  
PhysChic

Anyone Use WeChat?

PhysChic    3

I'm supposed to set up a WeChat account to talk to a set of potential IPs, but I can't seem to do it.  All of the instructions claim that I should just be able to create my account, but once I enter my phone number and establish a password, it moves to security verification and seems to be requiring me to get help from a current WeChat user to validate my account.  I asked my agency about it and they've never heard of this.  Anyone have any idea what's up or maybe can help?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
PhysChic    3

I have no clue.  I wasn't given an option of what type of account I wanted.  The only thing I can choose is what region I'm signing up from.  There is no option for a verification code.  I did contact their customer service, but no one has gotten back to me yet.  This is just so frustrating!

PhysChic    3

Quick update on this.  I had to send a screenshot of the QR code to my agency and one of them had to use their WeChat to verify it (within minutes of my having generated the QR code).  Once they did that, I was able to request a verification code and finish my registration.