Sign in to follow this  
texasmom

I was matched today!

texasmom    0

Hello everyone!

I've been a silent reader on this forum for months now and finally I decided to join for some good vibes and support. I'm a first time surro mom from Texas! I was matched today with an IP couple from CA. I signed up with an agency a month ago and have been patiently waiting for the coordinator to do her job of matching. Last week she sent me a couple profile and we had a Skype meeting. The IPs are so sweet and we immediately clicked! I am waiting for more instructions from the agency about the next steps, which I think is the medical screening -> contract. I really admire all of you surromoms because this process is so nerve-wrecking. There are so many steps and nuances involved and anything can go wrong at any point. I'm trying to keep my excitement in check!  

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

Welcome and congrats on the match!! It def. can be a nerve wracking experience and the hurry up and wait aspect doesn't help much. As a former surrogate and now coordinator, I can tell you it's so different from the other side and trying to find the right match for IP's and surro's a like isn't as easy as one might think sometimes. The agency I work for now does contacts before medical screening as the RE's we are working with want proof of legal before screening and setting the protocol. Some RE's will allow screening to be done prior to contracts, so it really just depends on what clinic your IP's are working with.