Sign in to follow this  
Ssedgeman

Can I be a surrogate with my history?

Ssedgeman    0

Considering gestational surrogacy: My first birth was a vaginal induction of healthy 8.8 lb baby.... two hours later  I had a hemorrhage and emergency D&C.i had a chemical pregnancy about 10 months later.  my second pregnancy I had marginal placenta previa (no bleeding or complications in pregnancy or birth at all dr told me it was 50/50 whether I would hemorrhage from a vaginal birth so we did a planned c section which was completely uncomplicated and a healthy 7.9lb baby resulted. My third pregnancy was a planned vbac but ended up with a 2nd section because Obgyn suspected cholestasis. I ended up testing negative for cholestasis but my dr wanted to be safe rather than sorry and did the repeat section  and then a tubal ligation as per my request. all 3 of my pregnancies were uneventful and went to 39 weeks and resulted in very healthy babies. does that disqualify me for surrogacy in a year or so when I'm done breastfeeding my 7 month old daughter? I have three healthy children ages 3.5, 22 months and 7 months and my family is complete.  I would love to be a surrogate in a year or so when I have given my body time to heal and finish nursing. My life long dream was to be a mother since I was a little girl and I would love to bless another family with that dream. I have thought about surrogacy in the past but wanted to complete my own family first before taking that journey on. 

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

It would all depend on the RE that reviews your OB records. I work closely w/the RE's we use at our agency in approving surrogate applications, and reading what you've shared, I know that the RE that is doing our reviews would not be willing to take that risk. Your best bet would be to talk to an RE and get their thoughts on it.