Baby Miracles

Surrogacy compensation plans?

My husband and I were talking about this the other night and I didn't really have an answer.  I have absolutely no clue what to do with the compensation once I get further into this journey. I plan on paying off some debt, which I don't have a lot of, but then I am wondering what is the smartest thing to do with it? Did any of you use yours for a chunk out of your mortgage? Put it into a Certificate to grow? I have a car note and I feel like it would be weird to throw all my money to paying it off since it's so materialistic just to say I fully own it--especially when I normally trade in every couple of years. I of course want to put chunks into each of my children's savings account but I just don't know how much. Of course we don't do surrogacy for the money, but the fact is, we do get compensated so what in the world did you do with yours! :) 

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

Whatever you decide to do w/your comp is perfectly right for you. There are a lot of surrogates that use it to pay down debt, pay for school for themselves, new/used car, down payment on a home or towards the mortgage, home improvements, tummy tucks/boob jobs, kids savings, a nice family vacation/cruise/etc, their own family savings, etc, etc, etc. 

If you're not sure what you feel is most appropriate for you at when you get it, put it into savings or similar until you know what you want to do.